So...who went to Eurogamer Expo this year?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
This is my first gaming convention ever and I say it's awesome! I may not have tried all games that I wanted to check out like Skyrim, Arkham City and Battlefield but it was a real good 2 days! Any other tempers went to the event/planning to go soon? I wanna know your thoughts!

Games I've tried:

AC Revelations
COD MW3
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Mario Kart 7
Ninja Gaiden 3
RAGE
Saints Row: The Third
Super Mario 3D Land

They also had a "Eurogamer Best Of" booth so it's the only booth with Guitar Hero on it. Also, a very cool Retro booth with people happily playing ol' Mario, Bomberman, Tetris, Mortal Kombat.

Also, there are free OnLive consoles to be collected so if you're planning to go there, get one. The queue's very long though...

4-leaf-clover

SHSL LUCKSTER :/
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Went there too, i just loved saints row the third
smile.gif

And i just loved the retro booth thingy brought back some memories ^~^
need to do things like this again
smile.gif

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hells Malice said:
How was SR: the third and RAGE?
I didn't really like SR. The trailers looked promising but it really felt buggy. Gameplay-wise, it's awesome! I enjoyed running over the police cars. It's like the dark side of LA Noire.

RAGE is my new favorite game! I went to the id software conference yesterday and they had a demo of this! Very refreshing take on the shooter scene. It having a 60Hz feature is enough for it to be a strong contender. This will be a must-buy for me! I also like the fact that the weapon names are not actual gun names, but something else. There are guns named Big Momma, Wingstick (a boomerang like weapon that cuts through anything) and things like balloon bombs, a gun that will fire six bullets with one shot, dynamite shotgun. They had some really funny names. Everyone also laughed when the characters crashes his ATV, he flies off! Proper physics!

4-leaf-clover said:
Went there too, i just loved saints row the third
smile.gif

And i just loved the retro booth thingy brought back some memories ^~^
need to do things like this again
smile.gif

Yeah, the retro booth put a really big smile on my face! It had a really huge dose of awesomeness! I regret not joining the Retro Challenge, which was a tourny where if you get a high score on anything, you get £30 and a trophy. It was one of the most popular booths in the show floor, alongside Skyrim and Batman (which had a really long queue)

And agreed with the bolded statement! It's just a fantastic environment, getting to meet people, playing games before anyone else, hot girls, funny mascots, R2-D2, very friendly booth staff, it's just awesome for gamers!

QUOTE(BobTheJoeBob @ Sep 23 2011, 09:58 PM)
Mother fudging age restriction meant I couldn't go. Why is there a bloody age restriction for it?
There was? Were you by yourself? Age restriction for the whole event or only on the over-18 area?

Oh and yesterday I was unable to go inside the over-18 area because some snide security guy won't let me through because I don't have an eligible ID even though Eurogamer told me themselves that an 18+ Oyster card and a University ID will do. He even insulted me by saying "Maybe next year, when you're older" (nice compliment though
tongue.gif
). The next day, I showed him by showing my driver's licence, and gave him a smirk on the way in.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R2DJ said:
BobTheJoeBob said:
Mother fudging age restriction meant I couldn't go. Why is there a bloody age restriction for it?
There was? Were you by yourself? Age restriction for the whole event or only on the over-18 area?
Originally, I was hoping to go with a few friends, then I found out you have to be 16, or accompanied by someone over 18. The only over 18 I know who'd take me is my sister, but she's leaving for university this weekend.

Amphy2310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was going to go there for a college trip today but I decided I rather go with people I actually like rather than the morons on college who forget I exist.

Last time I went, when I wasn't 18 and didn't have an id (still don't X3) I just walked past the security guy in fact a lot of people i knew did and they were 16 XD I think the guy just didn't care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Judge Wario :O:ohnoes::ohnoes::ohnoes: