Hardware so the ssmb gamecube controller works with wii right?

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hey there, as silly as it sounds, I bought a wii that is compatible with gamecube games so I can play gamecube games. but since gamecube controller is very hard to buy these days, I am thinking to buy the newly released ssmb gamecube controller. it is compatible with the original gamecube and wii right? just want to make sure.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, they don't. They act like a Classic Controller. Just modeled after the Gamecube Controller. I was tempted to buy one myself until I found out from YouTube reviews.

shipwreck5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually that is incorrect they are completely normal gamecube controllers. Jayro just probably got it mistaken for one of those hori classics controllers that look like a gamecube controller. More proof is that the wii u needs the gamecube adapter to use it despite the wii u being compatible with wii controllers.

Reactions: eriol33

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh, looking at google images, you're right. I didn't know Hori made a variant, that's cool. So I can get some. Gamecube controllers aren't going scarce for decades to come now. ^_^

eriol33

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Actually that is incorrect they are completely normal gamecube controllers. Jayro just probably got it mistaken for one of those hori classics controllers that look like a gamecube controller. More proof is that the wii u needs the gamecube adapter to use it despite the wii u being compatible with wii controllers.
ok, so it's safe to buy right? I once saw a used gamecube controller for 25 euro during my trip in netherlands (why still so expensive?)... almost tempted to buy, but then I saw the price of new SSMB gamecube controller is more or less the same,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.