What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
Ok, I've installed bootmii as boot2 and I've made a nand backup. Thanks for the help even if the Wii just fixed itself.

One more question though. I am new at bootmii and I'm not quite sure about one thing. What is the icon of the sd card for? I know what all the rest do but, I'm just not sure about that sd icon. When I clicked on it, it just said Failed directory not found
It's supposed to be for loading certain homebrew that can be loaded from there. Don't worry about it.

atrophis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had a friend that has had this same exact issue. Reboot one day and up comes the "System files are corrupt" message. Reboot one hour later and it's gone. No one has an answer for this?

Also, what is the benefit of having a NAND backup with bootmii when bootmii can not be installed as boot2? I have seen it discussed before, but it never ends with any kind of good answer. Has ANYONE ever successfully restored with bootmii installed as an IOS?

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, everything was going fantastic until my Wii did the exact same thing later in the day. I don't know what the deal is. It works and then it just doesn't and then it just does again. Does anybody have any ideas?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I know that the system files corrupted message can sometimes be fixed by installing a patched system menu IOS... I've only seen that happen when people install OLD versions of preloader v0.30 without a patch SM IOS... but it could potentially apply here also

its not dangerous to install a patch SM IOS anyways, so u can just try it

techboy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Hmm can a Idea be to just reinstall all his IOSes for 4.2?
The only IOS that could cause a "system files are corrupt" is the system menu IOS, and that only happens when you installed an outdated preloader or if it's corrupt. Reinstalling the rest of them would likely be pointless, although doing so can't make the wii any worse.

Reinstall the system menu IOS with something like DOP-Mii, and apply the patches.

Also, like DeadlyFoez said, some channels like to cause this "intermittent bricking". I've noticed that more often than not, the troublemakers are the ones that display data from a game save or from WC24.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvdJmSqCmdk