Homebrew SNES9x for Old 3DS

Michierusama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice. SnemulVS runs in the DS or in Windows? :)

Oh I was referring to the one when Megaman gets hit with a missile in the Launch Octopus stage when fighting the mini bosses. When Megaman gets hit, the player gets thrown back to the stage select screen.
Hi

For the next update, could you check if would be possible to add a folder for the app. Like other homebrew apps like decrypt9 that have their own folder and we can put all files inside without having them on the root of the SD card. Meaning, one snes9 folder and inside we would have ROMS, saves, the icon for the app and cfg files.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Lespna1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it really makes no sense that its not just working, unless 3dsx version is simply broken for everyone?
i mean, it could be something wrong with the hardware, but there really shouldnt be anything unless you messed around with it in ancient times and got like, frankenfirmware?
have you ever considered getting cfw?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by that, but like you said, it should have worked, but there was probably something wrong w/that system. I tried a new system, and it worked fine. However, SMW2 seems like it's kind of slow, but it's still playable. Also, is there a way to configure the buttons? The way they're configured is kind of confusing.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
i wonder which one is better blargSNES or this one
blargSNES is better at a few things, like sound quality and some graphical stuff, but this beats it in so many other places. Compatibility, accuracy, etc. If I can ever find the time to sit down and tinker with this, I'd go and attempt some of my own improvements.

bubble2k16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Been messing around loads of optimizations. Games with heavy sprites and those that user special modes should run faster. Kirby'a Avalanche, Tetris Attack and Strike Gunner all run full speed. :grog:

I am also messing around with adding SA1 back in. It's already working in principle. it's going to be hard to get SA1 games to run full speed on o3ds, but at least it gives n3ds owners more choice of games.

Hope to release something by the end of this week. :D

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

no what i meant is why is it better than blargSNES for only the old 3ds

Well generally on a new 3DS you will probably want to use one of the retro arch cores. It's much better than Snes9x for 3DS and BlargSnes

hyprskllz

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Been messing around loads of optimizations. Games with heavy sprites and those that user special modes should run faster. Kirby'a Avalanche, Tetris Attack and Strike Gunner all run full speed. :grog:

I am also messing around with adding SA1 back in. It's already working in principle. it's going to be hard to get SA1 games to run full speed on o3ds, but at least it gives n3ds owners more choice of games.

Well generally on a new 3DS you will probably want to use one of the retro arch cores. It's much better than Snes9x for 3DS and BlargSnes
so we can play Super Mario RPG near full speed on N3DS?
I love this emulator now!

hamohamo

Trophies
XP
Country

ok

AkitoUF

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
no what i meant is why is it better than blargSNES for only the old 3ds
Because in O3DS, Snes9x runs everything at full speed perfectly (or at least everything I have tried, besides the obvious exceptions)
I truly think 3sd Snes9x is a technical miracle.

Reactions: hamohamo

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill