Homebrew SNEmulDS

nezkeys79

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I want to play GBA games on my DS and heard I need an EZ-Flash 3 in 1 card which is fine but less of that for now as I want to ask about playing snes games.

I am having lots of trouble trying to play them. Here is what I have done so far,

1. Downloaded snemulds v.06 and extracted the .nds file to the removable disk
2. Downloaded a few snes roms and saved them onto my removable disk
3. Loaded up snemulds and selected "select rom" but none are there.

The roms came from romnation and required me to install 7-zip on my computer. Help!

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. You need to put the "snemul.cfg" file on the root of your card. This contains important fixes for certain games like Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger that make them more playable. Just make sure you don't save any settings when running the emulator, as v0.6 alpha has a nasty bug that overwrites the config file rather than adding on to it when you save settings for a certain game.

2. Follow Narin's instructions. Make sure your roms are uncompressed, in *.smc format.

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.nds file
Goes into either a /NDS/ directory or the root (Depends on your card), in any case, with your normal NDS files.

.smc's (SNES files)
Goes into the /SNES/ directory, where you should keep all of your SNES games.

.cfg
Goes into the root, regardless of card or placement of .nds file.

I thought the ReadMe had all of this info there? Funny, because it says "Read Me" for a reason there xP

In any case, if it still doesn't work, heh.

--
There really needs to exist a single large FAQ/Q&A on here that goes over most of the basics. Perhaps I'll work on one. :S

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xblackoutx said:
I got really frustrated with this because a lot of the games I tried wouldn't boot. The only game that has worked well so far is chrono trigger.
There are a lot of games that just can't be emulated at all. Maybe that's why.

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uh...I dont know. Those same files work on my PC just fine. Maybe its your folder layout thats being stubborn?

Theres another SNES emulator out there if SNEmulDS really just doesn't work for you. Carefully reread the instructions that came with the Emulator.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither