Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

SNEmulDS 0.4 Alpha Released

SNES emulator for DS

SNEmulDS4a.jpg

After a long break between releases SNEmulDS author archeide has updated his emulator to v0.4 Alpha. This version integrates the CPU engine of SnezziDS along with a host of new updates which give the emulator a big jump in speed.

archeide said:
It has been a long time with no real updates of SNEmulDS.. This first release break this silence, and i hope it will please everyone. First of all, the main change is the integration of the CPU engine of SnezziDS. In fact, I wanted to make my own CPU engine in ASM, but i rapidly saw that i couldn’t do better than bubble2k did. I recognize his work as a masterpiece in DS homebrews. I personnally added some new features from the original C CPU of SNEmulDS: speed hacks, memory protection, and ROM paging/dynamic reloading (giving Large ROMs support for Slot-1 cards). All combined CPU engine and speed hacks give a great boost in speed.

changelog  * Implemented MODE 7

* Partial line by line engine for MODE 7 games

* Implemented MODE 3,4 (256 colors)

* Now SNEmulDS uses devkitpro 20 and libfat library from chishm with DLDI support, for better compatibility

* Improved ROM paging, reducing bugs for Large ROMs (> 3 Mo)

* Fixed memory leaks (And consequently, fixed famous “Unsupported Large LoRom” bug)

* Three level of speed hacks : no speed hacks, medium speed hacks, full speed hacks. Each level give various compatibility and speed enhancements.

* Fixed various bugs

* Now SNEmulDS sources are under GNU license, to be compatible with snezzids

download.gif
Download

icon11.gif
Homepage

supermauerbros

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Happy Birthday to me! Now I need to get a slot-1 as a present. EZ-V with 3-1, R4, or wait for M3 Real. Decisions, decisions. Anyway, my thanks go out to the developers of Snezzi and SNEmulDS. Amazing work. Amazing.

mirun100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I havent really dabbled in SNES emulators in the past but any word on the compatibility rates of this? Icant seem to find it on the official site. Thanks in advance.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
there are still a lot of graphical and sound glitches from my experience. it's not really worth playing any games yet, but it's great for testing to see how far things are along.

The speed is pretty good though
smile.gif

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When did this happen? This is fantastic news, at least we know it's still alive and kicking, and that the developer has made a huge step with Mode 7 implementation. This is great, this guy is probably going to pull off the (almost) perfect SNES emulator for the DS.
smile.gif

Adhrast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i patched it with the dldi for my sc sd and i put the snemulds.nds file in the root, and the roms in the "snes" directory. but when i star the emu, it says it can't find the games o.0
has anybody happened to make it work?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Adhrast take a look around GBAdev and supercard support sites as there are various prototype DLDI patches to sort various issues. I have no SC so I can not be more specific.

New emulators are always good and while I have never really played the game (put the pitchforks and torches down) I will start with the how does chrono trigger run?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
i patched it with the dldi for my sc sd and i put the snemulds.nds file in the root, and the roms in the "snes" directory. but when i star the emu, it says it can't find the games o.0
has anybody happened to make it work?

put the roms in a folder called 'SNES' and have that folder in the root of your card.

Try making the folder name all capitals, worked for me.

.TakaM

.II
Trophies
Website
takam.wordpress.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
works a lot better than the last release, super metroid is more playable, but still very slow, and star fox actually boots now, I can play it even, just can't see anything
tongue.gif

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
ok... got it working for my EZ4.
patched with dldi then did the cory trick... and UN Squadron boots.
tho the music plays decently.. but isn't great
wink.gif

the ingame is GREAT until monster start coming. definatly needs working on the music engine.
smile.gif
and the screen flips back n forth... but it's playable!
smile.gif

Ninja Gaiden works.. but there is no sound whatsoever. the game runs buttslow... but after playing a bit the music starts, and it actually sounds GREAT!!! all sound is great.. but the scrolling is wacko and that's about it.
setting option Wait vblank seems to fix the scrolling issue. and setting squish more made the game run best... loading seems to be really slow tho.
* Chrono Trigger boots. even tho running slightly slow, works
wink.gif

tho theres random garbled gfx which appears every now and then... i didn't try it too far...
* Shadow Run started with sound off, but locks at the main menu.
frown.gif

* Lufia 2 boots... works pretty well.. but gfx during battle is gone (the enemy and the battle commands), and the game runs terribly slow during this part
wink.gif

* Secret of Mana... Layer problems... Intro looked great, and music had disturbances. mode7 map worked in beginning partially..
smile.gif
half the screen looked awesome half looked shit..
smile.gif
What's most funny is I named myself "HI" without seeing the naming letters.
smile.gif
so read the intro text was kinda fun. Game ran kinda good.. but the music is garbled.
* Super Metroid didn't work with any sound.
* Punch Out locked the emulator
* Super Probotector runs awefully good.. even tho slowdowns at some places.. the game runs great... i'd say whole level 1 is fully playable.. even tho the tank is invisible among other funny things
wink.gif
guess what, even the mode7 gameplay works!
smile.gif

* Live a Live locked up the emulator
* Castlevania: Vampires Kiss locked up the emu after pressing NEW GAME
* Castlevania X locked the emu when pressing NEW GAME
* Super Castlevania IV runs terribly good... only played a bit on the first level... the music took awhile before it started.
* Blackthorn wouldn't start if I didn't turn of the music. even so nothing happened when I pressed NEW GAME. tho emu was still alive.
* Kirby's Avalanche.. works great.. disable backgrounds to be able to see the blobs falling down.
* Rudora's Secret Treasure...works.. but u can't see any text. pretty hard to play since the players sprites were drawn beneath almost everything
wink.gif

* Secret of Mana 2... Boots, u can pick characters and everything. can see the cool mode7 stuff going on
wink.gif

after that.. u can't see shit
wink.gif
I didn't have patience to wait and see if anything good would happen
wink.gif

* Terranigma... would not start.

stupid2ass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have the DS Simply. I can't get this to start.
I get the FS Failure then "No Files Found"

I have the emu in the root of the card and I have a "SNES" folder with the smc files in that folder as well. The SNES folder is at the root of the microSD. I don't know how much simpler the instructions are yet it's not working. I shouldn't have to DLDI patch this for the DS simply, right?

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is great! I found the previous version to run pretty good speedwise (75-100% speed with speedhack) so this should actually make most games playable speedwise. Summer vacation isn't that far off and maybe then he will try and fix the layers/graphics.. now that would truly make my day
bow.gif

Gj Arch!

Adhrast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
chrono trigger goes almost full speed sometimes 0.0 can't believe the progress this guy has made, i can play chrono trigger on my ds!!

EDIT: nay, graphic issues when teher's a dialog
sleep.gif

Gim

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
am i doing something wrong here.. patched it to work on my R4, seems to bootup fine. i choose to playmario kart and it comes up with a white nintendo logo on a black screen then stops doing anything.. is this something to do with me or is the emu just not able to play this game?

thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill