Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zoomx said:
Setting.txt is the same of mine but with serial all to zero.

facepalm.jpg

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
lol. Just copy the straight, settings.txt to your nand dump and a shared 2 folder from another dump and maybe the eula/rgn select wads i think are critical too. Should work then.Mine did anyway.
I got a hbc wad that when installed to clean nand gives no scam screen. What version did they start scam screen ? Then i just updated to 1.06. Also sneek works well with 3 complete generations of rock band2 songs dlc in it. Looks good having close to 800 songs to choose from. 700+ downloaded.. lol

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people getting black screen despite trying "eveything"... are you using the stnadard video cable that came with the Wii, or have you tried a component cable (separate Red Green Blue + Left Right)? I'm wondering if it's more reliable with the component cable.

tHciNc said:
[...] and maybe the eula/rgn select wads i think are critical too. Should work then.Mine did anyway.

I got a hbc wad that when installed to clean nand gives no scam screen. What version did they start scam screen ? Then i just updated to 1.06. [...]
You don't need eula/rgn select.

The scam screen is in 1.0.3, so you need to go earlier than that.

QUOTE(zoomx @ Feb 14 2010, 07:54 PM) Setting.txt is the same of mine but with serial all to zero.
Zeroes are bad, mmmkay. Try all 1's or all 5's.

zentis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burkina Faso
I've tried sneek on my korean wii (with a 4.1J firmware with bootmii ios and priiloader on the nand) and I get a black screen, followed by a loss of video signal (I have to unplug the wii to get it back).... My sd card is a sandisk sdhc 8gb class 2
I'm using the standard video cable and my TV can do both NTSC and PAL (but doesn't have a component input).

This happens with my own nand backup and with nand backups downloaded on internet (3.2U, 3.2K and 4.1U)

Any idea why? could it be because of my SD-card?
If so can someone give me the exact reference of sd cards that work?

Thanks

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
just a quick question i tryed sneek on my dad's wii (4.2e) with my sneek sd for my wii (4.2e) and it dose not boot it just goes to health screen my dad's wii bootmii as ios and my wii has bootmii as boot2 so why wont it work on my dad's is it becouse its has bootmii as ios becouse i thought you just need bootmii installed and a sneek sd have i done something wrong sneek works on my wii help
blink.gif

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
you need a VALID serial, it is checksumed!
I use setting.txt with all 5's and the systemmenu loads, HBC loads fine without scam screen.

And fogbank (post at the top of this page) uses all 1's.

What doesn't work without a "valid" serial number? Perhaps the shop? But I don't care about that.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what do you mean by "its checksumed"? other than the little encryption used on the setting.txt, what checksum are you talking about?

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I wanted to use a NAND builded from scratch so I tried all zeroes. I will try all 5

@SanGor Great image
rofl.gif

Thanks to all!

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I once tried a random serial with the same length and the system menu didn't boot anymore, changed it back to a correct one and it booted again.
Also when you look at your Wii's casing you can see that one number is in a box.
All that let me assume that it is checksumed ...

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
buffdog said:
just a quick question i tryed sneek on my dad's wii (4.2e) with my sneek sd for my wii (4.2e) and it dose not boot it just goes to health screen my dad's wii bootmii as ios and my wii has bootmii as boot2 so why wont it work on my dad's is it becouse its has bootmii as ios becouse i thought you just need bootmii installed and a sneek sd have i done something wrong sneek works on my wii help
blink.gif
plz can someone tell me what iam doing wrong or whats going wrong plz i need to learn i need input plz help
lecture.gif

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
@buffdog.....its because your dad has boot mii ios and this can only be accessed from hbc your bootmii auto boots thus boots sneek....i think priiloader needs to be installed and select bootmii ios from the preloader menu..........some one with a bit more knowledge could confirm this.....

i have preloader 28 old version that doesnot have load bootmii ios...so i need to update this....but i need to know do i have to remove this first/plus hacks......?any one

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
REALDEAL said:
@buffdog.....its because your dad has boot mii ios and this can only be accessed from hbc....
i think priiloader needs to be installed and select bootmii ios from the preloader menu

Priiloader should not be required. As long as BootMii can be launched from HBC it should be able to load SNEEK from a properly configured SD card. I have BootMii installed both as boot2 and as IOS and I can launch SNEEK either way (without Priiloader).

buffdogand it dose not boot it just goes to health screen

@buffdog: This would seem to indicate that SNEEK begins to load but never makes it to the System Menu. If you are trying to run SNEEK with a NAND dump from a different Wii you will probably need to re-synch the Wiimote. Have you tried that? Also if you have a different SD card try using that on your dad's Wii. Do both systems have the same version of BootMii installed? If not there may be differences in SD card compatibility between the two systems. Even if they are the same BootMii version it may help to try a different SD card.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
SanGor said:
I once tried a random serial with the same length and the system menu didn't boot anymore, changed it back to a correct one and it booted again.
Also when you look at your Wii's casing you can see that one number is in a box.
All that let me assume that it is checksumed ...

There is exactly 1 in 10 chance that a given serial is valid. Last digit of the serial number follows the barcode check digit format.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
caitsith2 said:
There is exactly 1 in 10 chance that a given serial is valid. Last digit of the serial number follows the barcode check digit format.
Cool, so one could use: http://www.ean-int.org/barcodes/support/ch...igit_calculator ?
I checked it with my serial and it generated the correct number in the box - I used GTIN-12 and padded it with 000 at the start, e.g. 000050XXXXX7 gave the check digit as 6, which matches my Wii.
But does the systemmenu actually check if the serial number is valid? All 5's works, but the check digit should be 0 according to this method of calculation.

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
In my last test I used my real serial number and I have the same problem. So, for me, there is another issue.

The idea that the serial has a check inside, like credit card numbers, may be possible but if all 5's works it seems not probable.

To decode and encrypt setting.txt I used the routine posted here but I removed the EOF check because with this check the decoding stops at the line "CODE=LEH".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto