Hacking SNEEK v2

Tristar

Trophies
XP
Country
Slade.AU said:
It also means you can experiment with all sorts of Wii things, like ciosCorp (why ?), themes, etc. All without touching your legit nand, meaning no chance of bricking your Wii. If you stuff something up, delete the nand files and start again.

That part I had overlooked - Very useful indeed
wink.gif

MickeyBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Thing is, unfortunately, have not exceed the 4 menu pages by creating Nintendo Wii

Wii Shop Channel
-Unable to recover game VC WW & buy through the shop (error)
"Absolutely chain other than WW & VC are downloadable but not all.

Updating the Wii system (error during update)
Test a backup nand 3.2E I make an update its made a mistake but I am nonetheless comes in 4.2E

Installing chain causes a game to freeze

Will there be more in the V3 page for games? and also improve compatibility? Thank you.

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MickeyBlue said:
"Absolutely chain other than WW & VC are downloadable but not all.
Installing chain causes a game to freeze
What for chains are you talking about?
Downloading everything that I bought and the other channels from Shop Channel worked fine for me (with original cert file on NAND dump).

MickeyBlue

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok no problem, that is, I upagrader my 4.1E Wii with Pimp My Wii, I'm REV17, and I run my games WiiWare and Virtual Console via my SD card 4GB, so I stay in 4.1E

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks to giantpune and Det1re for giving me great directions on using geckoreader+USBGecko to get the debug outputs when running SNEEK v2.

I managed to compile r23, and checked the issue that i had (i.e. system menu appears after health screen but then stops with "system files are corrupted" error). It seemed the problem is with news channel. When I removed news channel, I did not get such an issue. So if anyone had the same issue, perhaps, you could try removing news channel from your NAND extract (by using ShowMiiWads application). You could see the test video below.

I have submitted this potential issue to the googlecode site since I do want to use SNEEK, and many thanks again for creating this great application.

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
REALDEAL said:
i ve copied everything to sd card and used showmiiwads to add 4.1e and a few channels how do i actual yget the emulated nand to run...
You follow the directions....
read most pages i gather i have to update my preoader first as usin .28 ..if i then after updating i can hold reset and select to run bootmii ios....as i dont have boot2 option.........this then loads sneek( from sd card)

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
REALDEAL said:
tattar8 said:
REALDEAL said:
i ve copied everything to sd card and used showmiiwads to add 4.1e and a few channels how do i actual yget the emulated nand to run...
read most pages i gather i have to update my preoader first as usin .28 ..if i then after updating i can hold reset and select to run bootmii ios....as i dont have boot2 option.........this then loads sneek( from sd card)
Correct. But make sure you have boot2.bin on your SD root.

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For what ever reason, despite following (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?s=&showtopic=205511&view=findpost&p=2563379) I still get a black screen (or "no signal" shown on the TV) DESPITE the SD(HC) card I try, even with the correct files on the SD cards and following the various FAQS. Though I don't seem to have a \title00000010000002\ folder on either of my SD cards from a NAND dump. I have \title0000001\ though. Should I try extracting nand.bin (made from bootmii)? And if so with what program?

luisfhb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Brazil
There is something wrong with this...

I was able to load the "fake nand"(SD-FS?) but I can't do anything with it, when I click start in any channel "System files are corrupt" message pops up in a black screen, then I have to turn the wii off.

I tried with two NAND.bin made with bootmii, the same problem occur with both.
I tried to take another dump with FSDumper but i couldn't, when I load the program, the wii freezes with the line: "ES_Identity():0"

What should I do to get it working?

Thanks!

dlf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nevermind, I didn't have some of the folders I needed too, i'm using SNEEK now, it is a bit slow but I guess that's to be a bit expected.

Are blocks not supposed to go up or down when deleting/adding titles? (SD nand)

fogbank

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fogbank said:
wilsoff said:
giantpune said:
we still dont know exactly how the HBC scam is triggered
Thanks! The scam screen is triggered by consoleID.

At least in part.

It appears that each HBC installation is tied to the console it was installed to by modifying an area of the TMD - two bytes at 0x1B0 and 8 bytes at 0x1C6 in the samples I looked at (probably just the 8 bytes are significant?).

Either way, the bottom line is that you will need some data from a NAND with a properly installed HBC in order to get HBC running without the scam warning. The data in the TMD must (somehow) match the console ID.

The HBC TMD can be "fakesigned" to prevent the scam screen on a virgin SNEEK NAND (well not truly fakesigned, but...):

1. Hexedit device.cert and change consoleID (0xC6) to 11111111. Make sure device.cert is in sys/
2. Hexedit TMD of HBC and change 8 bytes starting at 0x1C6 to B2 B8 8B A4 EB 25 19 51
3. (Optional) Pack HBC into a WAD with "Awesomest" TIK and fakesigned TMD using BFGR WADTools (do not use ShowMiiWads).
4. Install WAD using ShowMiiWads

Note: device.cert does not need to contain anything other than NG11111111 at 0xC4 in order to prevent the scam screen on HBC. The rest of the file can be empty. Creating a device.cert this way, however, may affect anything else that uses ES_GetDeviceCert. Also having your consoleID as 11111111 may affect anything else that requires a valid consoleID (not sure what though?).

Also this will ONLY work with SNEEK, as on a real NAND there would be no way to change the consoleID in the device cert, so HBC would still show the scam screen if you tried to use the "fake signed" TMD.

I have tested this on a bare minimum 3.2U SNEEK NAND. It should work for any SNEEK NAND.

sico_pata

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Det1re said:
FenrirWolf said:
So that would work fine for Rock Band DLC since you're just reading and not writing, right?

Everything that reads should work. I'm not sure whether or not Rock Band writes something to SD when it ueses DLC from there (f.i. number of times played or something). It all depends on a test; but don't forget about the backup...

I've tried to download a DLC in Rock Band 2, sneek NAND, and it begin to download, but less than one minute, it back to the previous screen and it looks like hang on. I need to reset the console

REALDEAL

Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
REALDEAL said:
tattar8 said:
REALDEAL said:
Correct. But make sure you have boot2.bin on your SD root. yes got it
what version of preloader/priiloader should i update to...i'm on 3.2e........with bootmii ios
do i have to deleted my other version of preloader 28 and uninstall the hacks ini first ?

realisticmusic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am kinda new at this. is this the program to make your game save data load and save onto the sd card instead of the wii memory? if so or if not then could someone point me to the right direction? i have many games running off the usb and im running out of blocks for saves and wiiware. help if you can.

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I have tried to start Sneek with an artificial NAND.

I got
Systemmenu v290 (3.2E)
IOS30
IOS35
IOS36
IOS61
setting.txt

Setting.txt is the same of mine but with serial all to zero.

Starting this configuration I get no signal on TV. Waited form more than 20 minutes then turned off the Wii.
On PC I found that there are new empty folders but the shared2 folder is corrupted.
So I tried to build the folders tree, all empty, but I get the same result, but the shared2 folder is not corrupted.
Tested on a 512 Mb and 4Gb.
Instead using my dump I get all working.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto