Belgium
Thx
smile.gif

diego71102244

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys, im tempted to do this with my wii but i need some sort of help while doing this. first of all i have firmware 4.2 cios38 rev 14, i dont have bootmii installed because i cant install it as a boot2, i know i have to install bootmii as ios to make it run, and make a nand backup........ etc.

well my question is

is there any chance to brick my wii while doing this?like messing with some ios system. because i dont have priiloader and bootmii installed.

i just need your advice here guys, every reply will be appreciated.

thanks for advance

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no risk whatsoever in installing BootMii/IOS.

There is even less risk in running SNEEK since you can't make changes to the actual NAND while running it.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:
Ok, got sneek working
smile.gif

Is it correct that it doesn't show the SD ? (stays gray) and when starting HBC it doesn't show anything (just hbc with en empty blue screen)
(Don't ask how hbc's working without the scam stuff, it works
biggrin.gif
)

Also when you don't do anything for awhile in the Wii gui you get an error, telling somethings wrong with the system

I have got the same problem, i.e. saying system files are corrupted. I have even tried dumping/extracting NAND two times, used different SD cards, and still got the same issue. My Wii is 4.2, and I have bootmii as boot2.

To all SNEEK gurus -- any insight on this problem, or potential fixes? Many thanks in advance.

supersonic5000

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
conanac said:
DjoeN said:
Ok, got sneek working
smile.gif

Is it correct that it doesn't show the SD ? (stays gray) and when starting HBC it doesn't show anything (just hbc with en empty blue screen)
biggrin.gif
)

Also when you don't do anything for awhile in the Wii gui you get an error, telling somethings wrong with the system

I have got the same problem, i.e. saying system files are corrupted. I have even tried dumping/extracting NAND two times, used different SD cards, and still got the same issue. My Wii is 4.2, and I have bootmii as boot2.

To all SNEEK gurus -- any insight on this problem, or potential fixes? Many thanks in advance.
This happens to me occasionally, all I do is turn the Wii off and then launch sneek again and it works.

conanac

Be an Angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
supersonic5000 said:
conanac said:
DjoeN said:
Ok, got sneek working
smile.gif

biggrin.gif
)

This happens to me occasionally, all I do is turn the Wii off and then launch sneek again and it works.

Thanks, but could this tell us about inherent instability issue? especially if the SNEEK gurus cannot yet figure it out
(besides turning off and on the Wii, please let me know if there is something that I could change or do to remove this issue
more permanently).

It is a definitely great accomplishment by itself, hopefully v3 or newer releases become more stable.

Cheers.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a question that, I think, haven't been asked before (or I'm so dumb I couldn't see it while reading the thread)

Would it be possible to transfer your emulated NAND to your actual Wii NAND?

I mean, let's say you brick your Wii, you don't have a proper Bootmii dump yet you have a dump you use with SNEEK. This dump works just great and you really would like it restored to your Wii NAND.

1) Is there a way to pack this dump to a Bootmii NAND dump and restore it using Bootmii?
2) Would it be possible to make a Homebrew app to use while running SNEEK and that would transfer your emulated NAND to your actual Wii NAND?

Just my thought though I think that it would be useful to get another way of unbricking Wiis.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
while sneek is running, there is no way to write to the nand. when it loads IOSes, it doesnt load the modules that write to the nand. and sneek itself has no code to write to the nand. so no homebrew you write will be able to do anything while sneek is running.

jsugarsmacks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left my Wii sitting idle for 35 minutes and the system menu never crashed. How long does it take for those having problems to see the error?
I am really thankful for SNEEK2, it is what every Wii owner needs. Now if we could just get more pages on the system menu in which to install channels.

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
supersonic5000 said:
conanac said:

Try reformating your SD card.

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The answer to the second question of Heathcliff is No.
What about the first question? It it possible to repack the NAND used by Sneek to obtain again a nand.bin file so it can be used by bootmii?

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
just try to play smash bros on sneek it showed up in the disc channel but when loadin it black screens dont know if its cioscorp will try a non cioscorp dump and see.
how can i install the new cios v5 to my sneek with out use in my real nand and dumping it i just wont to put on sneek not my nand? thx

Det1re

det1re.de
OP
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
buffdog said:
just try to play smash bros on sneek it showed up in the disc channel but when loadin it black screens dont know if its cioscorp will try a non cioscorp dump and see.
how can i install the new cios v5 to my sneek with out use in my real nand and dumping it i just wont to put on sneek not my nand? thx

Isn't IOS36 one of the few cIOSCORP IOS that fail to load?
You can install Hermes' cIOS v5 from HBC in SNEEK. I don't see a problem in that at all.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOS36 from cIOscorp works fine for me it was only 60 which didnt run.. and hermes' IOS doesnt read burned games by itself. loaders using it to play backups must supply a DIP and use mload to get the DIP running.

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
zoomx said:
What about the first question? It it possible to repack the NAND used by Sneek to obtain again a nand.bin file so it can be used by bootmii?

About my first question, anyone?

There are some apps that can unpack Bootmii dumps (like ShowMiiWads), would a repacker be easy to make?

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Heathcliff said:
zoomx said:

About my first question, anyone?

There are some apps that can unpack Bootmii dumps (like ShowMiiWads), would a repacker be easy to make?

not quite, unpacking is always way easier than packing.
the nand is encrypted and uses hmac and all that shit, if you got the encryption or hasing wrong is nand won't work.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is no way hermes' cios could work properly. It relies on patching specific locations in the ES module, which is completely different when running under sneek.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto