Hacking Sneek and triiforce

brollyssj82000

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
1. What are the differences between Sneek and triiforce?
2. What advantages does each one have?
3. What disadvantages does each one have?

Det1re

det1re.de
Trophies
Website
det1re.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
1. SNEEK emulates the full system menu while TriiForce "only" is a platform to launch Channels (f.i. no updating etc.)
2. obvious
3. obvious

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@ Det1re, If everything was ovbvious no one would be asking, and Wolf, thanks at least that´s a reason to check SNEEK out.

I´m currently using one of Kallstar´s versions of TriiForce mrc ss, and I am quite happy with it. There are compatability issues, but with an external USB drive and 50 Gigs on the partition I´m using for it, I don´t thing I´ll have any space issues in the future.

As far as I know, SNEEK only runs from sd cards, and that causes spaces issues, especially if it won´t run off of sdhc cards. Of course I might be wrong, so I find the question fair.

Now, if I could run SNEEK on my external USB hard drive, that would definitely reason to check it out. Would miss Kallstar´s setup and images, but I bet someone´s already on that, if it hasn´t even already been done.

Basically afaik TriiForce>SNEEK for space, SNEEK>TriiForce for compatability. MAYBE, SNEEK+TriiForce=WIN.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
TriiForce does not have a nand emu!!!

How often do people have to tell that? TriiForce loads Waninkoko's cIOS and tells it to enable the nand emu. If you use the nand emu in TriiForce, you are using Waninkoko's nand emu!

So you want to compare sneek against cIOS + TriiForce:

cIOS pro side:
- sd and usb support

sneek pro side:
- support for characters in filenames that don't exist on FAT(or it's supposed to have this), some games reuqire these, i think Lost Winds is one of these, but i'm not sure
- support for booting via system meu AND TriiForce (and Gecko OS)

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As far as I know Triiforce only start channels, but their savegames will be on your real NAND. Sneek work as a NAND emulation so every savegame will be on SD, but you can change a lot of things (like themes or even modified system IOS) without fear of brick. Tou can play with system menu, also of other region and different releases.

I quote callmebob expecially in the last sentence.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
callmebob said:
Wait, wut???

Are you saying I can launch SNEEK through TriiForce?? Ooooh.

Will have to check this out when I get the time.

It's the other way: You can start TriiForce "through" sneek. Sneek is more than a nand emu, once it is started every IOS that is executed is patched by sneek to enable the nand emu and patch other launched IOS for the same feaure. So once sneek is enabled you can launch any VC/WiiWare channel with any method that works on real nand, and these are at tleast system menu, TriiForce and Gecko OS.

callmebob

The Grandpa of Awe!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ohmy.gif
So you´re saying if I launch TriiForce through SNEEK I´ll have full compatability???

If so, then damn, I would have tried this out as soon as it came out. That would be so sweeeeet!!!

Thank you for help Mr. WiiPower!!

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Triiforce itself is just a loader "nothing more"
SNEEK supports SDHC so that's 32GB max.
SNEEK doesn't support USB while cIOS does.
SNEEK also is not really the same idea as what cIOS does, SNEEK doesn't want to allow channels to be run from SD/USB, it wants to run the WHOLE NAND form SD.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
triiforce is just a loader with patching and custom settings, and like wiipower already said triiforce does not emulate the nand, the cIOS does

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto