ROM Hack Smash 3DS Texture Hack Thread

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, recently I tried making a Silver over Sonic the Hedgehog texture. My problem is that whenever I load a stage, the game softlocks. It doesn't go to the homescreen, it just freezes. It loads just fine in Ohana 3ds Rebirth. When one of you guys gets a chance, can you please take a look? It would really help :)

Attachments

• silver the hedgehog mod.zip
    423.7 KB · Views: 129

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, recently I tried making a Silver over Sonic the Hedgehog texture. My problem is that whenever I load a stage, the game softlocks. It doesn't go to the homescreen, it just freezes. It loads just fine in Ohana 3ds Rebirth. When one of you guys gets a chance, can you please take a look? It would really help :)
is it a texture?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

is it a texture?
ok it is did you use the h01 for the c01?

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats your problem you have to make an individual texture for c01 and not use h01 as your model because the high poly model exceeds the poly amount for the low poly model
Um, not really. You could just downscale the hXX PNGs to the size of the cXX PNGs. Takes a lot less work and looks about the same.

@BARNWEY
Poly count doesn't play much of a part, it's just the fact that the PNG is a much bigger file than what the 3DS was expecting for those models, so the load time is longer. In the case of characters like Cloud, the proportions of the dimensions are different too, so you can't just put a square pic into a spot where there is a rectangle, even if they're the same picture.

Starting from hXX is the best option

Last edited by Clouded Sun,

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats your problem you have to make an individual texture for c01 and not use h01 as your model because the high poly model exceeds the poly amount for the low poly model
Um, not really. You could just downscale the hXX PNGs to the size of the cXX PNGs. Takes a lot less work and looks about the same.

@BARNWEY
Poly count doesn't play much of a part, it's just the fact that the PNG is a much bigger file than what the 3DS was expecting for those models, so the load time is longer. In the case of characters like Cloud, the proportions of the dimensions are different too, so you can't just put a square pic into a spot where there is a rectangle, even if they're the same picture.

Starting from hXX is the best option

Am I only supposed to make a cXX texture and leave hXX alone? Also, I edited each texture individually

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I only supposed to make a cXX texture and leave hXX alone? Also, I edited each texture individually

Do you think it could be because I edited the pngs in paint? Otherwise I really don't see any reason it shouldn't work.
Did you import via Ohana3DS Rebirth?

If you did, delete the mod. It has an inflated file size. Import your PNG via the original Ohana 3DS. ONLY USE OHANA3DS REBIRTH AS A PREVIEWER, IT WILL CORRUPT YOU .mbn AND .bch

Clouded Sun

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No promises, but I'm working on more CSPs tonight. I'll upload a pack of em very soon.

Kamui alts are up first.

Request CSPs for your favorite mods to me so you don't have to overwrite and remember the ones you have. Preferably, I'll do mods that already have Wii U CSPs. Hopefully this'll ease me up to build more mods soon.

Thunder Kai

#TeamRem
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No promises, but I'm working on more CSPs tonight. I'll upload a pack of em very soon.

Kamui alts are up first.

Request CSPs for your favorite mods to me so you don't have to overwrite and remember the ones you have. Preferably, I'll do mods that already have Wii U CSPs. Hopefully this'll ease me up to build more mods soon.
The Lucina ones XeroMiku made :D

BARNWEY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you import via Ohana3DS Rebirth?

If you did, delete the mod. It has an inflated file size. Import your PNG via the original Ohana 3DS. ONLY USE OHANA3DS REBIRTH AS A PREVIEWER, IT WILL CORRUPT YOU .mbn AND .bch
I did import it using Ohana 3ds Rebirth. Well, I guess I gotta try importing it with Ohana 3ds :)

Reactions: Clouded Sun

Deleted member 400504

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Kamui alts are up first.

One for true zss please! :D

EmulatorLover

3ds master race
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think it could be because I edited the pngs in paint? Otherwise I really don't see any reason it shouldn't work.
it might be because there are transparent parts MAYBE

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I did import it using Ohana 3ds Rebirth. Well, I guess I gotta try importing it with Ohana 3ds :)
OH YEAH importing it through ohana 3ds rebirth does not work

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA63mm5FnMo&embeds_referring_euri=https%3A%2F%2Flostmediawiki.com...