Slightly Mad Studios chooses final design for its Mad Box console

slightly mad.PNG

After teasing a couple of possible designs for their upcoming Mad Box console, Slightly Mad Studios' CEO Ian Bell revealed via Twitter the design that the company has opted for. If you were following the recent flow of design concepts shared, then you will recognize it as the fourth render, the futuristic-looking rectangular shaped one that supports three orientations: horizontal, vertical and wall mounted. It also features a front touch screen that supports slide, click and tap actions while displaying what is currently being played. Ian Bell further adds that the design "might be slightly amended over time...".

The company's founder later posted another tweet with a concept video teasing the console running games and other media:

Do you approve of the console's design? What would you like to see changed or improved in the final look?

:arrow: SOURCE

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ouya is a bit different story since is just like any android box...

If they want this to be more powerful than Next Gen consoles and around a good gaming PC from the future, then it means it can only be Ryzen CPU cores with probably some future AMD GPU chip in a SOC.

So it could turn out into another steam console box easier than another Ouya which was just another underpowered android random hardware in the middle of the gazillions out there.

On Android only Nvidia went far from all the others, but even them failed so badly as I own a Nvidia Shield tablet and after they brought just a few old known console games, they stop bringing anything old or new...
What i meant by ouya is another console that claims to have all this promise but never delivers on it in the end

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer the design of this "VERY MAD CONSOLE" to the PS4... I just preferred a bit more simple.

But PS4 design is basically this:

188240_10_PM1.ashx

I think its a stupid design specially to fit cables\USB stuff in it, some don't even fit and its hard to blind fit like I always do.

The design of this new console is a bit similar, but not so with high angle, its just a bit too extreme, but I guess it works well, the screen in front is a cool addition and doesn't look like it will be as hard as the PS4 to fit hardware...

Last edited by guily6669,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/O8G6DCnlLDQ