GBAtemp Advanced Skank
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's after 2 here and Im going to bed. I've read about a lot of people's problems sleeping lately and I feel for all of you that can't sleep. Having sleep apnea for most of my life i have a few of tricks to get me to sleep. Not all of them work for everyone but i just though i'd share.

- Cut the soda and sweets off after dinner (trust me it works)
- Playing a repetitve handheld game (Tetris, Pinball, ect.) nothing too deep in gameplay.
- sleeping with a fan blowing in your face
- meditation
- light classical, nothing too famous just like concertos

Good luck tempers in you pursuit of dreamland. Does anyone else have any different tricks to feel sleepy?

PBC

What!? I can change this??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Reading books later in the night always makes me sleepy. My eyes get very tired and want to close.
I also can't fall asleep without some slight background noise. A fan, a low TV and radio...etc
Doing physical exercise during the day helps make you sleepy. Maybe an hour or two before you need to sleep get some blood pumping.

When I was really having troubles sleeping I would do a breathing excersize at night. I would breath in for acouple seconds, hold for acouple seconds, breath out for acouple. Do whoever long makes you comfortable, let it be natural because the point of it is to relax. Counting the seconds the whole time. For one thing it keeps my mind preoccupied so it doesn't race or latch onto things which would keep me awake. For another thing it helps slow your heart and calm your body down. It worked well for me. But these days I stay awake until I'm just damn tired...the problem was when I was younger I just wouldn't get tired at all..

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ScuberSteve said:
SkankyYankee said:
- sleeping with a fan blowing in your face
I don't remember where, but I heard that that can cause suffication?
Ye, if it's done in a closed room with no ventilation I think. It was all over Korea last time I went, maybe you heard it there too haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol