Hacking Sky3ds plus vs freeshop?

Should I wait for freeshop or buy a sky3ds plus flash cart?

• Wait for freeshop

• Buy the sky3ds plus flash cart

Results are only viewable after voting.

aykay55

Professional Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The .3dsx still requires kernel entry to work. So homebrew only for fbi will not ever work

3dsx FBI is meant for use with Luma homebrew menu, which has much more permissions than a normal homebrew launcher install.

Yeah I saw after researching. How would freeshop work without kernel/cfw?

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So homebrew only for fbi will not ever work
not exactly true but if you can run fbi then you can go full cfw so it would be pointless to run fbi via homebrew only

3dsx FBI is meant for use with Luma homebrew menu, which has much more permissions than a normal homebrew launcher install.
. . . um . . . hate to burst your bubble but both of your points are incorrect

you mean freeshop isn't available, when did that happen? I was only browsing it last week.
read the thread thats not what anyone said

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do you mean by that?
people in fact did at one point use fbi without cfw (if you were on a lower fw it would be a possibility for you but there is no kernel exploit for your fw) it was generally accomplished by running homebrew (userland stuff) then slowhax (kernel exploit) then fbi and it could only install "legit" .cia files

kernel access is needed for "legit" cia installation as well as cfw installs . . .

Last edited by wormdood,

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
people in fact did at one point use fbi without cfw (if you were on a lower fw it would be a possibility for you but there is no kernel exploit for your fw) it was generally accomplished by running homebrew then slowhax then fbi and it could only install "legit" .cia files
Ah, yes. That would be where I wasnt aware much of that. I joined the 3ds scene when it was around higher 10 - 11.1 firmware.

Trophies
XP
. . . um . . . hate to burst your bubble but both of your points are incorrect
How are my points incorrect?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I checked it out, it looks like it's only able to install legit CIAs. I wanted it for freeshop
nope, you need kernel access (though on a lower level processor in the security hierarchy) to install legit cias

Jacobf0303

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How are my points incorrect?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nope, you need kernel access (though on a lower level processor in the security hierarchy) to install legit cias
Well, I've never heard of that method, kind of irrelevant now since I just ordered an R4i 3DS RTS and a 16GB micro SD card.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fbi has existed in both 3dsx and cia format long before reinand (the predecessor of luma3ds)
and rosalina (luma's homebrew injection method) is not what allows for more in depth homebrew kernel access (granted by bs9/al9h/ect) is.
cfw (luma/reinand/ect[?]) is technically homebrew that is booted each and every time you boot

scandal_uk

Not Really There
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ordered an R4i from nds-card, paid the $3 for tracked shipping and it arrived (in the UK) seven days later. Great service.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
read the thread thats not what anyone said

That's what op said, everyone else goes onto the topic of what card to get and where from. But the first couple posts mentioning how freeshop is unavailable is what has me confused.

They mean it in way of they only have homebrew access which is not enough for freeshop use. Freeshop on cfw is still goos to go and use.

Ah right, that makes more sense, sorry for my misunderstanding. I thought you could launch and use freeshop so long as you had access to homebrew.

Last edited by Rasa39,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: These cotton candy grapes be pretty addictive