Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hey, I was looking for some advice on what products to use and at what time I should use them (morning/night). ive been buying a bunch of skin care products but i dont really know which to buy and when to use them >.>. so hoping someone here could help me make a routine with the products I have or if you can suggest better products or products not to use that would be very helpful also.

right now I have night of olay firming cream, olay complete all day moisture lotion spf 15 for sensitive skin, biore triple action astringent, st ives apricot scrubs invigorating & blemish & blackhead control, clean & clear morning burst and jergens natural glow daily moisturizer.

if you can help me out i would appreciate it very much, thanks tempers

Little

I r Little
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, essentially you want...

Every Morning & Night

Cleanse, Tone, (Treat), Moisturise.

Occasionally -
Big cleanse and fun stuff.

You seem to have a lot of creams and that.... I dunno how old you are but you dont generally need that stuff till your like old... like 30 or something =p

I'd say forget about the firming cream... give it to your mom or something =p

You really only need one moisturiser....
the olay one sounds good if its oil free.

"biore triple action astringent" - sounds like a toner?

st ives scrubs (if its the same stuff as we've got in the UK) are brilliant - but can be a bit heavy going. so depending on your skin, either use that as a cleanser or the other one.

so yeah, ideally, use as few products as possible - just three
happy.gif

Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Little said:
Well, essentially you want...

Every Morning & Night

Cleanse, Tone, (Treat), Moisturise.

Occasionally -
Big cleanse and fun stuff.

You seem to have a lot of creams and that.... I dunno how old you are but you dont generally need that stuff till your like old... like 30 or something =p

I'd say forget about the firming cream... give it to your mom or something =p

You really only need one moisturiser....
the olay one sounds good if its oil free.

"biore triple action astringent" - sounds like a toner?

st ives scrubs (if its the same stuff as we've got in the UK) are brilliant - but can be a bit heavy going. so depending on your skin, either use that as a cleanser or the other one.

so yeah, ideally, use as few products as possible - just three
happy.gif

im a guy and im 18 idk if that matters or not. i read on a different forum about the night of olay cream, supposed to be nice on the skin and right now im trying to clear up the few acne i have on my face and all the stuff I try end up drying my face really bad. just want my skin to be clear and smooth/soft.

heres the biore one http://www.biore.com/usa/products/productI...asp?productId=5

which three do you think i should use?

UltraMagnus

hic sunt dracones
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wow...... this was the last sort of question i would expect on this sort of place.

to be honest, it sounds like you are doing too much, it would be good to sit back and analyse what of these things are actually doing any good, and what you are using them for (sounds silly, but i mean specifically). too many chemicals can irritate your skin and make acne and stuff worse.

I used to use a few things but right now all i use is a soap i bought off ebay (yeah I know) with witchhazel and teatree in it, along with biore strips for blackheads.

Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
UltraMagnus said:
wow...... this was the last sort of question i would expect on this sort of place.

to be honest, it sounds like you are doing too much, it would be good to sit back and analyse what of these things are actually doing any good, and what you are using them for (sounds silly, but i mean specifically). too many chemicals can irritate your skin and make acne and stuff worse.

I used to use a few things but right now all i use is a soap i bought off ebay (yeah I know) with witchhazel and teatree in it, along with biore strips for blackheads.

I see, how can I determine which ones are actually helpful though? all of this is really confusing too me ugh.

Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so someone from a different site suggested this, what do you guys think?

slynn said:
You've got a lot of lotions! From your list, I suggest going in this order:

morning
Clean & Clear Morning Burst
Biore triple Action Astringent
Jergens Natural glow daily moisturizer (OR) olay complete all day moisture lotion spf 15 for sensitive skin

night
clean & clear morning burst
olay firming cream

once a week
St Ives Apricot Scrub
followed by moisturizer of your choice
smile.gif

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I think I read that you need to get stuff with benzoyl perozide or something like that?

Anyway, let me tell you this. DO NOT GET PROACTIVE. I tried it out, stuff costs a shitload of money, barely lasts, doesn't help at all, and leaves a burning sensation in the skin. I think it actually did WORSE for my skin, because it would leave it itchy, red, and hurting. I've been using some Neutrogena products and they've worked wonders. Good luck!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Guess it's just a click then +1