ROM Hack Question Sigpatches, .nsp, tickets and emuNAND, avoiding console ban

UguDango

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I recently set up hekate and atmosphere. I also set up an emuNAND partition. I removed the hekate .ini profiles for CFW (sysNAND) to avoid touching sysNAND while doing homebrew accidentally.
In emuNAND, I loaded incognito and altered my console serial, and set up 90DNS.
Then I proceeded to install some .NSPs, some of which were official. This would surely result in an instant ban from Nintendo, were they being able to monitor my activity.
Now, my question might be a bit weird, but:

Did any of these activities affect my sysNAND?

I know that everything was done whilst running completely on emuNAND, and the answer is 99.99% 'no'. After all, the sysNAND partition was not even mounted to the filesystem while doing any of this. I'm not asking this out of laziness to find out, since (IMO) I did a decent amount of research on this topic. I simply could not find the answer to this.
From what I understood, installing NSPs generate not only logs and NCA files, but according tickets. Doing this on sysNAND, from what I understood, would surely result in a ban, even if I would've attempted cleanup. Not because it's not possible, but because I would've surely missed something, mostly due to my not-so-advanced level in system engineering.

What can I safely keep on my SDCard?

What I know for sure is that my SDCard is altered. While the sysNAND 'Nintendo' folder is clean, on it's own partition (separate from emuNAND), there are many .NSP files on the same partition, along with sigpatches, and many other dirty files. Can any of this be seen on sysNAND? I live in the EU and enabled GDPR options, which I've heard help, but there isn't any concise outline to what this does to stop them in any way from reading my SDCard.

There is also the option to swap out cards, move my files to a hidden partition (although that would be extremely bothersome to work out). Technically, this way the switch would be full stock, as I've kept everything off sysNAND and basically done nothing with it.

Reactions: Kanakops

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently set up hekate and atmosphere. I also set up an emuNAND partition. I removed the hekate .ini profiles for CFW (sysNAND) to avoid touching sysNAND while doing homebrew accidentally.
In emuNAND, I loaded incognito and altered my console serial, and set up 90DNS.
Then I proceeded to install some .NSPs, some of which were official. This would surely result in an instant ban from Nintendo, were they being able to monitor my activity.
Now, my question might be a bit weird, but:

Did any of these activities affect my sysNAND?

I know that everything was done whilst running completely on emuNAND, and the answer is 99.99% 'no'. After all, the sysNAND partition was not even mounted to the filesystem while doing any of this. I'm not asking this out of laziness to find out, since (IMO) I did a decent amount of research on this topic. I simply could not find the answer to this.
From what I understood, installing NSPs generate not only logs and NCA files, but according tickets. Doing this on sysNAND, from what I understood, would surely result in a ban, even if I would've attempted cleanup. Not because it's not possible, but because I would've surely missed something, mostly due to my not-so-advanced level in system engineering.

What can I safely keep on my SDCard?

What I know for sure is that my SDCard is altered. While the sysNAND 'Nintendo' folder is clean, on it's own partition (separate from emuNAND), there are many .NSP files on the same partition, along with sigpatches, and many other dirty files. Can any of this be seen on sysNAND? I live in the EU and enabled GDPR options, which I've heard help, but there isn't any concise outline to what this does to stop them in any way from reading my SDCard.

There is also the option to swap out cards, move my files to a hidden partition (although that would be extremely bothersome to work out). Technically, this way the switch would be full stock, as I've kept everything off sysNAND and basically done nothing with it.
The whole point of emuMMC is to function as a separate entity apart from sysMMC so it having any affect on sysMMC would defeat the purpose. Also scanning for files on the SD card is not only potentially illegal as its a violation of privacy but its also not a guarantee that the console is hacked as those files don't hack the console.

Reactions: Kanakops

MichaelShawJr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally use 2 SD cards for this purpose (and so I have more storage. 1 SD card is for Sysnand and has all of my legit stuff on it, and another is for Emunand which has all my NSPs on it. They probably can't scan your SD card and ban you for it, but it's worth it because your not taking the chance in case they can scan it and find your Emunand, NSP files, etc. and because you will get a lot more storage space for each one. To answer your question though, your Sysnand should be fine

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +1