Hacking Sigpatches for Atmosphere (Hekate, fss0, fusee & package3)

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Going back to "payload=bootloader/payloads/fusee.bin" until there's some workaround cause I definitely won't be updating firmware every time a game requires and break almost every single homebrew and specially my nice OC...
You can't always get everything you want, and that OC homebrew you mention is the only homebrew that I've heard of that does not work on FW 17, everything else does. Even most homebrew is already updated to work on 18 even. BTW, there is other OC homebrew apps that work just fine.

Reactions: Nephiel

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then don't use Hekate, just use Sys-Patch
never had to use it on atmosphere with the fusee payload trough hekate and the one I have doesn't even seem to be working cause in the sysmodule overlay I can't make it startup, it's one that came with latest sigpatches for atmosphere from rentry.org/CFWGuides...

I'm simply going back to fusee payload and the less crap running in the background for me the better in terms of stability...
You can't always get everything you want, and that OC homebrew you mention is the only homebrew that I've heard of that does not work on FW 17, everything else does. Even most homebrew is already updated to work on 18 even. BTW, there is other OC homebrew apps that work just fine.
I think all the old ones stop working and now there's just one latest that I see from other dev which is probably nothing like the old OC, it's made by "B3711" user from discord not from meha neither Lineon... And Lineon OC is just way too magical to loose for my Erista...

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just, use, Sys-Patch... FFS0 is using Hekate to load signature patches.
I myself load Atmosphere's Fusee via Hekate as well. So I don't use Hekate more than as a bootloader.

So just use Sys-Patch or use a forked Atmosphere with signature patches reenabled. (not recommended)

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am soooo confused. I always boot into my switch with hekate. Do I need to do anything different? I have a few switches with deepsea either on emunand or on the main nand but always used hekate to boot into either. Is there something new I have to do now or should I be ok by just replacing the sig patches with these new ones like I always do? Thanks!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am soooo confused. I always boot into my switch with hekate. Do I need to do anything different? I have a few switches with deepsea either on emunand or on the main nand but always used hekate to boot into either. Is there something new I have to do now or should I be ok by just replacing the sig patches with these new ones like I always do? Thanks!
Basically the newest Atmosphere doesn't support loading patches if you use fusee or chainload fusee via Hekate. If you use Deepsea, then you aren't using fusee to load Atmosphere. In that case, this change doesn't affect you and you can continue updating your patches like you usually do. If you are unsure how you launch Atmosphere, you can either post your hekate_ipl.ini fie or check to see if fss0 is listed in there yourself. If you see fss0, you aren't using fusee to boot CFW.

Reactions: laz305 and Blythe93

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically the newest Atmosphere doesn't support loading patches if you use fusee or chainload fusee via Hekate. If you use Deepsea, then you aren't using fusee to load Atmosphere. In that case, this change doesn't affect you and you can continue updating your patches like you usually do. If you are unsure how you launch Atmosphere, you can either post your hekate_ipl.ini fie or check to see if fss0 is listed in there yourself. If you see fss0, you aren't using fusee to boot CFW.
Thank you very much for the answer, this makes sense! So if I decided to not use deepsea or update manually, what would my best procedure be? I use RCM USB C payloaders (The one where you can launch a bunch of different payloads) but always used hekate. If I want to not use deepsea (if they they abandon the project) can I still use hekate?

Thanks so much for your knowledge!

___

Here is my current hekate.ini file. I see its using fss0. Was that a config done by deepsea?

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_payload.bmp

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp

Reactions: laz305

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the answer, this makes sense! So if I decided to not use deepsea or update manually, what would my best procedure be? I use RCM USB C payloaders (The one where you can launch a bunch of different payloads) but always used hekate. If I want to not use deepsea (if they they abandon the project) can I still use hekate?

Thanks so much for your knowledge!

___

Here is my current hekate.ini file. I see its using fss0. Was that a config done by deepsea?

[CFW - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
atmosphere=1
emummc_force_disable=1

[CFW - emuMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
kip1patch=nosigchk
emummcforce=1
atmosphere=1

[Stock - sysMMC]
fss0=atmosphere/package3
emummc_force_disable=1
stock=1
icon=bootloader/res/icon_switch.bmp
Yes it uses fss0 which was done on purpose by Deepsea since it is a successor to Kosmos. But even without Deepsea, you can setup fss0 yourself because its just a line in the hekate_ipl.ini file; you can write it in yourself. There's nothing stopping you from using Hekate without Deepsea but that's another topic.

Anyways, you should always be updating your setup manually. AIO updaters will cause problems sooner or later which means you will have to update your stuff yourself at that point so best to just learn the practice. For Hekate users, this means updating the patches.ini file and the patches folders. For best results, just delete the old ones before placing the new ones. As long as your hekate_ipl.ini file is setup properly, you don't need to update that so you can skip that part when updating. If for whatever reason you decide you want to use fusee, you will either have to setup sys-patch or download a forked version of Atmosphere that supports kips.

Reactions: laz305

viper3344

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it uses fss0 which was done on purpose by Deepsea since it is a successor to Kosmos. But even without Deepsea, you can setup fss0 yourself because its just a line in the hekate_ipl.ini file; you can write it in yourself. There's nothing stopping you from using Hekate without Deepsea but that's another topic.

Anyways, you should always be updating your setup manually. AIO updaters will cause problems sooner or later which means you will have to update your stuff yourself at that point so best to just learn the practice. For Hekate users, this means updating the patches.ini file and the patches folders. For best results, just delete the old ones before placing the new ones. As long as your hekate_ipl.ini file is setup properly, you don't need to update that so you can skip that part when updating. If for whatever reason you decide you want to use fusee, you will either have to setup sys-patch or download a forked version of Atmosphere that supports kips.
Great! So I dont really use any "online" AIO packages. I manually update deepsea by downloading from the repo. Its always done me good so I stick with it. So a long as I keep that INI around, I could technically just merge it into any manual atmos setup I would maybe do in the future right? You are very knowledgeable!

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Great! So I dont really use any "online" AIO packages. I manually update deepsea by downloading from the repo. Its always done me good so I stick with it. So a long as I keep that INI around, I could technically just merge it into any manual atmos setup I would maybe do in the future right? You are very knowledgeable!
fss0=atmosphere/package3 <-- this is the important part. That part tell Hekate to load package3 that is like a "secondary" launcher for Atmosphere (very badly explained I know). So with that Hekate will do all the patching basically instead of fusee.

kip1patch=nosigchk this one is important as well

Reactions: laz305 and Blythe93

dogtygr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I myself load Atmosphere's Fusee via Hekate as well. So I don't use Hekate more than as a bootloader.

So just use Sys-Patch or use a forked Atmosphere with signature patches reenabled. (not recommended)
From what I've gathered from the removing ips support commit it is for now at least safe to revert it. The only modifications made on this specific file are the addition of the new hashes for the new firmware version and the removal of the ips parsing.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I already tried latest sys-patch posted by @impeeza with everything ON including version skip with fss0 Hekate boot method and it's the same exact result as soon as I open a FW17+ game it throws a error to go back to home screen and then corrupted...

I'm simply back to Hekate fusee payload method for good which everything works and I'm continuing my OC progress testing to the max I can... And will keep on FW16.1.0 until it no longer can play any newer game that interests me, maybe FW18 with the huge changes would no longer boot on 16.1, no idea but I'm sure will take a damn long time to ever come a new game that I would like as 99% of Nintendo switch games don't interest me a single bit...

Ps: really wish I had a Onexplayer 2 pro Eva special edition, then I'd be playing all latest PC titles with amazing visuals and it's the current fastest windows handheld and with 32GB of fast LPDDR5 7500 and it's like switch a tablet with proper removable controllers with analog triggers and even comes with a crazy colour matching keyboard and even the controller adapter to make both into a single big controller, if I only was rich... :wink:

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: Blythe93

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I already tried latest sys-patch posted by @impeeza with everything ON including version skip with fss0 Hekate boot method and it's the same exact result as soon as I open a FW17+ game it throws a error to go back to home screen and then corrupted...

I'm simply back to Hekate fusee payload method for good which everything works and I'm continuing my OC progress testing to the max I can... And will keep on FW16.1.0 until it no longer can play any newer game that interests me, maybe FW18 with the huge changes would no longer boot on 16.1, no idea but I'm sure will take a damn long time to ever come a new game that I would like as 99% of Nintendo switch games don't interest me a single bit...

Ps: really wish I had a Onexplayer 2 pro Eva special edition, then I'd be playing all latest PC titles with amazing visuals and it's the current fastest windows handheld and with 32GB of fast LPDDR5 7500, if I only was rich... :wink:
You def have something wrong with your setup for sure. Since it works for 99% of everyone else.

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
From what I've gathered from the removing ips support commit it is for now at least safe to revert it. The only modifications made on this specific file are the addition of the new hashes for the new firmware version and the removal of the ips parsing.
Correct, it's not an issue currently. But it will be hard trying to help people if they use modified atmosphere versions.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You def have something wrong with your setup for sure. Since it works for 99% of everyone else.
Definitely not since like I said on other posts I put a clean atmosphere 1.6.2 with latest Hekate and all the @impeeza latest Hekate Sigpatches files with even his hekate_ipl config and 0 content added to atmosphere and still could only play games upto my FW 16.1.0 and every game requiring FW 17+ gives a error, same exact thing with just sys-patch added with everything ON (with off course everything needed to use it like salty, Tesla, Ovlloader...).

It can only be Hekate own boot method that breaks the feature of running games at a much lower FW that is present officially on atmosphere when using fusee payload since I always have done it for years and would only require updating Hekate+atmosphere+Sigpatches to play games requiring a much higher FW, Hekate fss0 simply seems to break it.

You can try your self making a new emunand on other mSD that you might have, update it to FW16.1.0, use Hekate with FSS0 and latest Hekate sigpatches and try a fw17+ required game to see If it works for you (mudrunner for example gives error, Kingdom come deliverance works fine as it needs a FW below 16.1.0 but after updating it gives error as the update also requires FW17+).

At least using fusee I guarantee 100% any latest game will run fine on FW16.1 and hell like I said previously even on FW 15.0.0 I could play some FW17 games fine but really had to update to 16.1 because of one that wasn't working which still requires fw17+ but everything runs fine on 16.1 so far...

Last edited by guily6669,
Reactions: Blythe93

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Then boot fusee normally and use sys patch. If it breaks then it's Atmosphere that is the issue or a signature patch. I've yet to see soemone else's complain, but I know you use exfat which hopefully most don't. So might be the factor causing the issue.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least using fusee I guarantee 100% any latest game will run fine on FW16.1 and hell like I said previously even on FW 15.0.0 I could play some FW17 games fine but really had to update to 16.1 because of one that wasn't working which still requires fw17+ but everything runs fine on 16.1 so far...
If you're not on FW 4.1 or lower, then you're just being stubborn. There is absolutely no reason for you to not update your firmware. None. At least on EMUmmc. If you're using syspatch, and see that Version Skip is ON, then I don't know what else to tell you. The sigpatches don't have a thing to do with ignoring the required FW version (afaik).

Whatever you're using to install the updates, is what you don't have configured correctly. Tinfoil, for example, has a setting to ignore firmware requirements when you install stuff. The other installers likely have the same setting.

EDIT: And I don't even know what this "salty" is that you mention. It's not required for sys-patch whatsoever.

Last edited by urherenow,

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Definitely not since like I said on other posts I put a clean atmosphere 1.6.2 with latest Hekate and all the @impeeza latest Hekate Sigpatches files with even his hekate_ipl config and 0 content added to atmosphere and still could only play games upto my FW 16.1.0 and every game requiring FW 17+ gives a error, same exact thing with just sys-patch added with everything ON (with off course everything needed to use it like salty, Tesla, Ovlloader...).

It can only be Hekate own boot method that breaks the feature of running games at a much lower FW that is present officially on atmosphere when using fusee payload since I always have done it for years and would only require updating Hekate+atmosphere+Sigpatches to play games requiring a much higher FW, Hekate fss0 simply seems to break it.

You can try your self making a new emunand on other mSD that you might have, update it to FW16.1.0, use Hekate with FSS0 and latest Hekate sigpatches and try a fw17+ required game to see If it works for you (mudrunner for example gives error, Kingdom come deliverance works fine as it needs a FW below 16.1.0 but after updating it gives error as the update also requires FW17+).

I honestly don't get you.
You don't want to update Atmosphere and HOS. You don't want to use sys-patch and dbi as suggested.
Everything works fine for you on your current setup when you use fusee.bin as payload. So why don't you just stick with that? Why are you so obsessed with getting it to work with the Hekate fss0 bootloader?

Reactions: BigOnYa

truemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hello i update my atmosphere to prerelese 1.7.0 and with a surprize i notice that sigpatches arent working and reading this treat its confirmed that support for sigpatches is cut. my goal is to play backups can someone give me a noob friendly tautorial what can i do for this issue? ive read about a forked version of atmosphere that enable support again is it good- stable as the normal one?

Windsall

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hello i update my atmosphere to prerelese 1.7.0 and with a surprize i notice that sigpatches arent working and reading this treat its confirmed that support for sigpatches is cut. my goal is to play backups can someone give me a noob friendly tautorial what can i do for this issue? ive read about a forked version of atmosphere that enable support again is it good- stable as the normal one?

You probably just need to update the sigpatches?

truemaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
i did but latest atmosphere block them. my presidure of updating the switch is. delete tinfoil update switch with official nintendo update. download latest atmosphere fusee.bin sigpatches and tinfoil. but this time tinfoil and backup games arent working and reading this treat i see that latest atmosphere ignore sig patches

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I knew I should've bought the 50ft ethernet cord over the 25 lesson learned size matters +1