Shuntaro Furukawa officially appointed as new president of Nintendo

shuntaro-furukawa-656x437.jpg

This April, it was revealed during a shareholder's meeting that Nintendo of Japan would be shifting its position of CEO from Kimishima, to a new successor. It was then later revealed that Shuntaro Furukawa would be the one to take his place as the president of Nintendo. Now today, during Nintendo's 78th Annual Shareholder's Meeting, Kimishima has stepped down, and Furukawa was appointed as the new president of the company, making him the sixth person to have that position at Nintendo. Both men made statements, Kimishima's reflecting on his tenure and the success of the Switch's release, and Furukawa, and how he plans to direct Nintendo in the future.

Kimishima said:
I was appointed president due to the sudden passing of our former president, but due to the support of a great deal of good people – including shareholders – the Switch was released without a hitch. I don’t think I could retire at a better time. Thank you very much.

Furukawa said:
I will now be taking office as president and will serve as such at all future Board of Directors meetings. As a company, we will continue to change with the times, but no matter what we will continue to be a company that incorporates flexibility and ingenuity into the entertainment we produce – and continue to be devoted to making people smile.

:arrow: Source

Kigiru

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And seriously now - Changes in Nintendo started with Iwata's death because he was directly chosen by Hiroshi Yamauchi, and just as Yamauchi family his point of view on gaming industry was more about creating genuively fun products, with along his extremely good relationships with both consumers and co-workers made him impossible to be replaced.

Yamauchi family was into making toys, Iwata was into making people around him happy, new CEOs are mostly about numbers and money because sadly this is what CEO's work basicaly is.

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I get the cloud save argument as it's free with other manufacturers afaik, but seriously? 20$ a year to make sure Lizard Squad doesn't fuck up your Christmas and you're bitching?

Last edited by brickmii82,
Reactions: DarthDub

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"I was appointed president due to the sudden passing of our former president, but due to the support of a great deal of good people – including shareholders – the Switch was released without a hitch. I don’t think I could retire at a better time. Thank you very much."

This guy sound like he taking all the credit for a successful switch an then retires in glory. KIMISHIMA! :creep:

And now passing the experience from one tie & glasses wearing business man to another. (Still think this is cause he is old) :ninja:

Rail Fighter

Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Nintendo is doing very well in 2018 with her own platforms, with is very surprising for many people. Hope it continues being well succeeded in the future.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or most surround sound receivers are 3 HDMI in, one HDMI out to tv, and you can select which hdmi in
    you want on the receiver.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Surround sound receiver is a good $300
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but so nice for gaming, movies.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ancientboi is old he needs Walmart PA system
    +2
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Splitter @ $39 it says. I'll consider it. Thanks
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Coupon makes it 30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My gaming stick can finally get use
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I did see Walmart got new electric scooters now ab won't run out of juice in the middle of the parking lot
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:O:O $12. Cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah but one two ports
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd rather spend like $15 more for double
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol hogwarts legacy has a Arachnophobia setting to turn on
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment +1