Gaming Should the Switch drop the Mii system in favour of something else?

specht

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if Amiibo are still being used Miis probably won't be dropped because of their name. Miitomo being their first mobile app should be a hint they're gonna keep it going. It could be refined though.

Reactions: Deleted User

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Miitch for the Swiitch ?

I hope they drop both Mii and Miiverse and their entire network structure in favor of a better "account based" one. they tried to move to an account base, but it's still not properly done. you can't put your account on multiple consoles at the same time, etc.
eshop and miiverse are still too limited.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I sure hope they do, I hate the Mii system honestly. Just let us use the Mii already on our NNID or whatever. No need to make one for system-wide bullshit on the console itself.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China

i hope they will keep miis
they are really iconic and cool, it's really nice to play as miis in some games like mario kart..

however nintendo switch seems like a console designed for "older audience" and not so kiddy friendly
they made ditch the kiddiness...

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not a minor thing to me, especially if I'm forced to use them. Those damn things are so annoying...and I really have a hard time seeing myself enjoy yet another console (including the 3ds) that shoves Miis down my throat.
I don't see how there "shoved down your throat" :/ . Just make a default mii and leave it be. There aren't that many games I know that force lots of use of them with it mostly being optional. I'm truly sorry you feel that way...

Logan Pockrus

Knawledge is key.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't see how there "shoved down your throat" :/ . Just make a default mii and leave it be. There aren't that many games I know that force lots of use of them with it mostly being optional. I'm truly sorry you feel that way...
Don't feel sorry because I have an opinion. I simply don't like Miis, and I think Nintendo would benifit greatly if they ditched them. That's all.

Dr.Hacknik

Ashley | Developer | Trans
Trophies
Website
dochacknik.keybase.pub
XP
Country
United States
Mii's are great, but so are miimes....See, see what i did there.....You're not laughing....:wink:

url
CeaYHhYWsAA-UyC.jpg

Last edited by Dr.Hacknik,
D

Deleted User

Think of this transformation in terms of character design...
City Folk -> New Leaf
The whole design of the playable character changed. I think that sort of thing with Miis would be perfect. Maybe change the name brand to something Switch-centric? :ha: Although changing the name would be confusing, it would be some kind of "new age, new name" sort of situation (which probably doesn't exist).

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0.0 absolutely, I feel that would pleas many reworking how they work in a way that more people are happy. =D

CatmanFan

Anxious and regretful
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Morocco
We had Miis in every major Nintendo system since the Wii, so I don't think they should be dropping it. Also Miiverse doesn't have to go, it was introduced with the Wii U and 3DS and people are visiting the community daily, as well as commenting on communities focused on certain games.

If they don't get rid of them, let's hope for advanced customization options.

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-