Should I wait or not?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well as some of you know, I've been buying parts for my new computer, I won't have all the parts for another month or so and my current computer is incapable of handling Skyrim.

The console versions (XB360, PS3) won't have graphics as good as PC and I'm assuming there may be other draw backs.

Is it worth waiting it out to get it on PC? Or should I just buy it on PS3?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I would say it's worth it, and that's coming from one of the biggest Skyrim enthusiasts on GBAtemp. PC version will look better, have the console to make certain parts easier and have mod support, which lengthens the game a lot.

I would certainly wait, but if you really want the game now and don't want to wait any longer, go get it for the PS3.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It'll run better on (a competent) PC, with better graphics and have mod support.
But a vast majority of the game will still be the same on console, so in the end it doesn't really matter.
Mods aren't really as great as the community hypes them up to be.

Also if they pull an Oblivion, the PC version will just be a damn console port until a fan fixes it with a mod, unless they confirmed somewhere they aren't making a console port? I haven't done any research.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I'm assuming you have Steam?

Get the console version and wait for a sale, you'll see plenty of spoilers everywhere about Skyrim, better to play it now then get spoiled later on.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say it's worth it, and that's coming from one of the biggest Skyrim enthusiasts on GBAtemp. PC version will look better, have the console to make certain parts easier and have mod support, which lengthens the game a lot.

I would certainly wait, but if you really want the game now and don't want to wait any longer, go get it for the PS3.

Yeah, that's the big one. It isn't much of an issue for me, but everyone I know who plays the games on the PC says that mods basically make the game.

So yeah, you'll probably be better off waiting. In the meantime, there will be plenty of games to keep you occupied (Arkham City, Saints Row 3, etc.); boredom won't be an issue.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
one word: mods
why spend $60 just to pay another $60 for the pc version [assuming you don't wait] I'm sure you can find something else to pass the time, there's a multitude of games to play in the time it takes for your pc to be ready.

Reactions: 1 person

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well, you could try playing Skyrim on your PC anyway, I found that skyrim was surprisingly light on the PC. =S
Unless your pc has really low ram, weak processor and really old graphics card it should be able to play Skyrim... And anyways, u should rather wait, the PC version is awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1