Should I update to IOS 7 or stay on IOS 6.1.3?

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an ipod touch 5th gen 64gb on IOS 6.1.3 and my question is should I stay on IOS 6.1.3 and wait for the complete IOS 7 release and jailbreak or should I update now to the Beta IOS 7 or wait an why?

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Stick to your 6.1.3. iOS 7 is in Beta and not meant for simple upgrading for devices atm. Unless you're interested in a lot more crashes, software incompatibility, trying to find everyday function with an unfinished OS, etc.... don't bother. Also, if anything happens with your device to the point of it being unusable then your warranty is void because I'm willing to bet your acquiring of the Beta is not through the Developer's Program.

Btw, there's never a definite on a jailbreak. Sure they seem to come along over and over again but by any chance that it may not happen it is always best to stick to the current until one is finally released.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
always best to stick to the current until one is finally release.

But there is no IOS 6.1.3 jailbreak yet but yeah your probably right I guess I will stick with IOS 6.1.3.

But cant you revert back to IOS 6.1.3 if it screws up?​

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
For the most part, yes. If your device bricks or something of that sort... you're out of luck. In the end, it's your own preference. I personally use it because I'm not one to complain about such things and i like to get an early hang on things. Plus, I can afford to lose this device if anything goes wrong. I use my phone for simple functions (mail, web search, and basic functionality) and work so the changes don't really affect me. I also do my part and report issues.

It's an unfinished OS. Unless you're in the same boat as me or deal with app development I would not recommend it. If you just want the latest OS for the sake of having it and being able to play your apps successfully then give it a few more months because this is not what you're looking for.

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mucked about with iOS 7 beta for 2 weeks or so. Is it cool? Yep. Is it worth the effort and some of the pain that comes with running unfinished software? No.

Stick to 6.1.3 and enjoy 7 when it releases later in the year.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/5eLWoy0fFkc?si=1vvQ_2zAUlF1ThoD