Hacking should I buy a second switch

windhazard

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you have money to spare, sure why not. But I think it is unnecessary because:

1. There are over 18 Mio units sold which are exploitable. Worst case scenario, just get another used one.
2. With all low level access priviledge, I'm sure devs will be able to find another exploit for the mariko revision eventually.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Every Switch can get CFW, so unless you are planning on getting 1.0.0 (to 4.1.0), it is probably not worth it :/
Except the mariko switches

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you have money to spare, sure why not. But I think it is unnecessary because:

1. There are over 18 Mio units sold which are exploitable. Worst case scenario, just get another used one.
2. With all low level access priviledge, I'm sure devs will be able to find another exploit for the mariko revision eventually.
That's a good point tbh, thanks !

yesimnathan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 switches in my house - My "officials" switch, my homebrew switch, and my wife's switch. I don't really care about playing any official games on my homebrew switch. I mostly want to use it as an emulation device

crashpsycho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 switches one I plan to play personally for myself and cfw the other for my purchased games I was pretty pissed when I found out I couldnt game share for Nintendo accts

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you can spare a few hundred bucks and think its worth it, yea. I'm glad i did. i have one to play as normal and another to mod without worrying too much about getting banned because i wouldn't play online with mods anyway. its a LOT less stressful lol

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't see any reason to have more than one Switch, but that's just me.
I'm with you, at this point you have to measure up what is worth it for you, homebrew or online.

Seeing as Nintendo has never been great for online bar smash and Mario kart I don't mind if I get banned

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm with you, at this point you have to measure up what is worth it for you, homebrew or online.

Seeing as Nintendo has never been great for online bar smash and Mario kart I don't mind if I get banned
I'm too cheap to pay for online in the future, so you can imagine how I feel about buying more than one Switch.

INobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Buy a non-Mariko Switch now (Erista, I believe its called?) so you can sell it for a higher price later when the Mariko Switches become available. It'll be like owning a 3.55 PS3, they will be a hot commodity in the hacking community.

It won’t. There are literally 20M exploitable Switches in the wild till Mariko hits the shelves. With no firmware restriction they won’t be that rare. But <=4.1 will get warm boot exploits and this will increase their value but I doubt it will be much over the decrease in value from the missing warranty and the cheaper prices for the switch units while N keeps improving their production process.

CaptSaveAHoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 switches one I plan to play personally for myself and cfw the other for my purchased games I was pretty pissed when I found out I couldnt game share for Nintendo accts

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

You and me both but then I had to sell one to help my grandmother out and then I found out I should have sold something else cause I was on 4.2.1 on one switch and I was on 1.0.0 on the other and I sold the wrong one lol

StormEye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I actually bought 2 extra (both of which happened to be 4.1.0, fuck me...). So 3 in total.

1 for everyday no hassle use. I will update if necessary but will hold off update to higher firmware than current (its on current firmware at the moment though).

1 for hacking once CFW is ready.

1 for backup in case something happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ