Should I be forced to go to Church against my own will?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advi said:
Urza said:
ProtoKun7 said:
denieru7 said:
Now I'm an atheist, after learning heaps of Physics and Chemistry.
wink2.gif
That implies that they contradict each other, when in reality they don't.
Nothing can really contradict "I believe in magic."
"this happened for a reason" contradicts "this happened for no reason" pretty well.
And magically there is no contradiction.

See how magic works?

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Advi said:
Urza said:
ProtoKun7 said:
denieru7 said:
wink2.gif
"this happened for a reason" contradicts "this happened for no reason" pretty well.

See how magic works?
wN1QQ.jpg

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Urza said:
ProtoKun7 said:
denieru7 said:
wink2.gif
Something you don't understand you dismiss as magic.
I see how it is.
happy.gif

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ProtoKun7 said:
Urza said:
ProtoKun7 said:
denieru7 said:
wink2.gif
Something you don't understand you dismiss as magic.
I see how it is.
happy.gif
It's like believing that Harry Potter is real. I don't need to definitively prove that there's no invisible magic school over England, do I?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Advi said:
Urza said:
Advi said:
Urza said:
ProtoKun7 said:
denieru7 said:
wink2.gif

See how magic works?
wN1QQ.jpg
rofl.gif

You shouldn't,it wrong/unfair,but at this point you do not really got a choice.

I do not see why you can believe/ have fate at home.

The church itself is just a symbol/object/building/ a word.

Some churches do not even look like churches anymore.

You matter well call your own home a church.

Fat D

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As others said, you should not be forced, but thanks to parental authority, you still can. At least unless you can get your father to help you out. Most churches are no closer to any credibly benevolent god than a piece of fried bacon, however. While I consider religion a matter of fiction, I believe everyone in this community knows that you can argue about what stories about something are true in a fictional world, so despite leaning on the atheist side, I have some theological belief, and the idea of any major church being somewhere true to the ideals of Christianity sounds utterly ridiculous to me.

stinkoman

Magnificent Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My mom sometimes does the same thing. "It's Christmas soon, we should go to church. Wouldn't it be so RONERY being an atheist? Man, I don't know how I could trust an atheist since they don't believe in god. LET'S GO TO CHURCH."
I have yet to tell her that I'm atheist.

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Forcing a child to go to church is the absolute best way to make them hate it and hate you.

Let me tell you a true story about my friend, James. James was possibly the best friend I've ever had. He lived and still lives 2 minutes away from me and we have a TON of interests in common. His parents, however were HUGE churchies, or as we call them, "Bible Thumpers". They made him go to church no matter what. For a while, I was going to his church, and all was going pretty well. However, when Dad and I stopped going to church, his parents refused to let me hang out with him anymore outside of school (and they would have prevented me from hanging out with him IN school if they could have). Over time, James told me he had lost a TON of his good friends this way, and he was left with a lot of "Good Church-Going Christians" that tormented him because of his heavy weight and long hair (seriously, his hair was longer than most girls). Then, one day he finally snapped in the middle of school and yelled in the middle of a history class (at a time when I and a few others were defending evolution from a hoard of hateful "Christians")

"I'M GONNA BLOW UP THIS SCHOOL AND ALL THE CHRISTIANS IN IT!"

It honestly surprised all of us.

He was, of course, immediately expelled from our high school.

Now he does homeschool, like I do (though I left because of bullying). I haven't heard from him since then, but I don't think he likes his parents or his church much anymore.

As for my beliefs, I'm sort of a christian and sort of an atheist. I don't want to waste my time going to church and praising a lord that may or may not exist, but I still want heaven and hell to exist because, let's face it, it would really suck to just stop existing forever when we die. Plus, It'd be great fun to throw some flaming feces at hitler from above in the realm of the pearly gates
smile.gif

dryo

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
yeah...well that's convenient,so sorry to tell you but if you want heaven to exist or be in heaven you have to believe in god, if you want to believe in god, you need to go to church and praise for his existence,if you believe in something and do nothing,is the samething as saying " I wanna have a job" to " I'll get the job done"

Recorderdude

Musician, Animator, Buffoon.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dryo said:
yeah...well that's convenient,so sorry to tell you but if you want heaven to exist or be in heaven you have to believe in god, if you want to believe in god, you need to go to church and praise for his existence,if you believe in something and do nothing,is the samething as saying " I wanna have a job" to " I'll get the job done"

That's like if I said if you want to believe that Sony will lose against Geo, you have to send him money to support that belief. Belief requires no actions be taken.

But I dont wanna get into any of that crap too far. Maybe there's an afterlife, maybe there isn't. All we know for sure is that we only get one life and we shouldn't waste it arguing on the internet.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dryo said:
Do not believe because you do not want get up Sunday or some day at blank time every time?

You just call all believers who do not go to church liars.

Church is just building. You can do the same amount of praising and believing at home.

It more like working at home or working at somewhere else.

That like saying "I bully people and do bad things , but that fine I go to church."

SubliminalSegue

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was forced as a kid, but that's just because I lived with my parents. Their rules. There's nothing wrong though with spending an hour a week thinking about something bigger than yourself.

I choose not to as an adult, not because I'm anti-religious, but I don't believe you have to go to Church to have a meaningful relationship with God.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
We all have things in life that we don't want to do, but we must do them anyways. This may be a lesson from your parents about that. Being in your parent's house means you go by their rules. If you don't like those rules, you can always move out. Of course, once you are out of your parents house, you can do whatever you want. However, to survive, you'd still have to do things you don't want to do, but that will be on your terms with your decisions.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
The best way to make a child an atheist for life is to put them through religiously owned education. There is hardly anything I hate more than the moronic remnants of something that should have faded out already.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You have 168 hours in a week.In that that 168 hours you only spend 1 hour for church.
In a year,you have 8760 hours.In that 8760 hours you only spend about 48 hours or 2 days of your life for church which is a little time to sacrifice seeing how much time you still have.

Do the math,its all for YOU to decide.

(P.S:The spelling of the church as in the structure isn't suppose to be capitalized.)

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Vigilante said:
You have 168 hours in a week.In that that 168 hours you only spend 1 hour for Church.
In a year,you have 8760 hours.In that 8760 hours you only spend about 48 hours or 2 days of your life which is a little time to sacrifice seeing how much time you still have.

Do the math,its all for YOU to decide.

TBF 48 hours at church is 48 hours too many.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    @SylverReZ that reminds me that my friend sells CRTs he gets cheap or free for hundreds of dollars. people are dumb
    +1
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    And is incredibly annoying.
    man I just washed my shoes and they look exactly the same as before I washed them :|
    luckily they didn't fall apart
    Some CRTs are very much worth the price
    i used to go out to the recycling center every couple weeks and look at the crts and other electronics people would drop off. Usually screens were broken or severely scratched from being tossed around. Did find a good one here and there, but never anything like a 1080i widescreen crt.
    Or a good contition 40" Sony Trini that weighs 300 lbs. lol
    Literally 300 lbs. lolol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have a few of those boat anchors in my basement I tried giving away but no one wanted them, So anyone close to Columbus, Ohio area that wants them, (26", 2x 19") please come get, for free.
    Dont know anyone wants those smaller ones. Most are after larger sizes and the kinda top of the line models
    Motion handling and input lag on those things destroy plasmas, led, oled
    I had some really nice CRTs I should've kept
    now I have all lcd
    one in particular I regret getting rid of oh well :|
    the Sonys and stuff I don't care about
    and used LCD are hard to sell I can imagine.. not worth much
    @SylverReZ where do u lurk
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    Is it piracy if it was released for free? Not in my opinion, but I also think it's not piracy if buying it isn't owning it, and it's not piracy if you can't buy it from the original creators anymore.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Free release can have loopholes where they still make money through ads
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @a_username_that_isnt_cool, could you change your username?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i guess not...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn