Shoud i get an NES clone or just buy the real thing?

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
alright thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
i wouldn't suggest this one, about any nes emulator runs right... this one... okeyish... many games will start, but expect timing faillures, glitches and lag... then again it'll be hd ready...
mixed... if you want the feeling of your youth back, this ain't gonna be it. the real original will (but you might not find the richt connectors on todays tv, and on led/LCD or plasma screens the gun will not work), or the analogue mini NT will come real close (for a price you'd say ohh mama!)...
if you want a cheap solution that'll do build a retro pi (you'll just need i raspberry pi with retropie as basic and you're close as done, result wil be more accurate experience but it will still feel like emulation.

3DU

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i wouldn't suggest this one, about any nes emulator runs right... this one... okeyish... many games will start, but expect timing faillures, glitches and lag... then again it'll be hd ready...
mixed... if you want the feeling of your youth back, this ain't gonna be it. the real original will (but you might not find the richt connectors on todays tv, and on led/LCD or plasma screens the gun will not work), or the analogue mini NT will come real close (for a price you'd say ohh mama!)...
if you want a cheap solution that'll do build a retro pi (you'll just need i raspberry pi with retropie as basic and you're close as done, result wil be more accurate experience but it will still feel like emulation.

oh okay I can afford that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
imo, it depends on if you're a purist. if you want the real experience, I'd suggest going with a normal nes, but I think those are costly now (definitely more than $50).

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
btw, if you go legit, you'll probably need a way to upscale the video signal, since it will be 240p. most hd televisions now do not support it, so you need some way to upscale it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol