Shenmue 3 to be published by Deep Silver

IMG_3669.GIF

Yu Suzuki, the director behind the Shenmue series, and publishing company Deep Silver will be partnering up for the upcoming Shenmue 3. This collaboration will allow for Shenmue 3 to be released physically for both PlayStation 4 and PC. Though it was known the game was delayed into next year, the company reaffirmed that it'll be launching in mid 2018. Yu Suzuki will be at Gamescom this year, to discuss Shenmue, as well as this publishing deal.

Shenmue is one of a few game franchises that have historical value whilst continuing to ignite passion across gamers. We are delighted to have signed this publishing partnership and look forward to utilizing our global publishing network to maximize the potential of this highly anticipated game,” said Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Koch Media/Deep Silver

Yu Suzuki, the director of Shenmue III and CEO of Ys Net added, “I am very pleased to secure this global partnership with Deep Silver, which is comprised of incredible men and women who have a deep passion for bringing Japanese titles to the rest of the world. Throughout this process, Deep Silver has expressed a deep passion for Japanese games, the Shenmue franchise and its fans—this gives me further confidence in Shenmue III and that we have found the best partner possible.”

“We are very excited for the continuation of Ryo Hazuki’s journey in Shenmue III, and are confident the game will deliver the story and gameplay PlayStation fans have been waiting for,” said Florian Hunziker, Vice President of PlayStation’s Third Party Relations & Developer Technology Group. “The global partnership between Ys Net and Deep Silver will help realize Yu Suzuki’s vision for Shenmue III—we are thrilled to see his spirit of innovation materialize on PS4.”

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you mean it will turn into a fairy tale?
I thought the series tried to stay "realistic", you know, with the early "accurate" weather simulation and all of that.

It will keep being delayed, then finally be released and will be underwhelming. And possibly get a better reception over time when not looking at it through hype-tinted glasses.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Who is Yu Sanosuki? /s
No idea, but YU SAZUKI is a pioneer and legend of video game industry, making great arcade games for sega like Hang on, Out run, Space harrier, Space harrier Daytona usa, Virtua fighter and other great well known games. If you played a sega arcade game and it said AM2 developer studio, chances are he was part of that game. :)

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No idea, but YU SAZUKI is a pioneer and legend of video game industry, making great arcade games for sega like Hang on, Out run, Space harrier, Space harrier Daytona usa, Virtua fighter and other great well known games. If you played a sega arcade game and it said AM2 developer studio, chances are he was part of that game. :)
Yeah, I know who Yu Suzuki is. He was an idol for me in my childhood. And probably for every other SEGA fanboy back in the 80s/90s.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I know who Yu Suzuki is. He was an idol for me in my childhood. And probably for every other SEGA fanboy back in the 80s/90s.
Not mine, all his games was hard, I just liked the music. The hang on them was good, Space harrier theme was good, Daytona usa them was good. I was busy playing stuff like sonic, wonder boy, shining force, streets of rage and Beyond oasis. :P

DarthDub

Amateur Hacker
Trophies
Website
www.gaiaonline.com
XP
Country
United States
I guess since a couple of old nostalgic fanboys got fed up that SEGA was not releasing a new console for the las 15 years and decided to get a PS4?
Perhaps...
I was referring to the fact that the first 2 games weren't on Playstation consoles at all and 2 was on X-BOX of all consoles.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not mine, all his games was hard, I just liked the music. The hang on them was good, Space harrier theme was good, Daytona usa them was good. I was busy playing stuff like sonic, wonder boy, shining force, streets of rage and Beyond oasis. :P
To be honest, I still rock on SPLASH WAVE!

Edit: You know what, it makes an awesome BGM for reading this thread.

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Deep Silver. Well they publish all kind of things, but for some reason only the bad moments stick to my mind.

But there were Risen, Metro Last Light, 1701 AD, Gothic 3, Saints Row IV... But yeah. Deep Silver reminds me of some questionable hardcore copy protections in the past. I think they were the ones using Starforce all the time which was a bitch.

Nekomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Very nice. But are there any rumors about remastering the first two games? It feels a bit like Ni no Kuni 2... A sequel years after (which is great) but can you understand the story without emulating/getting a prev-gen console to play the first one?

leon315

POWERLIFTER
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The hype is real, but do Kickstarter fanbois still remember about that MIGHTY NUMBER: just like Sega' dying baby, it was delayed delayed and delayed again, when it can finally see the birth light, suddenly that poor mighty number became an unwanted abortion...

Too bad, kickers' money are already GONE LONG TIME AGO, only delusion and backers' rage remain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: I got this one - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DDHC5MV