Shenmue 3 to be published by Deep Silver

IMG_3669.GIF

Yu Suzuki, the director behind the Shenmue series, and publishing company Deep Silver will be partnering up for the upcoming Shenmue 3. This collaboration will allow for Shenmue 3 to be released physically for both PlayStation 4 and PC. Though it was known the game was delayed into next year, the company reaffirmed that it'll be launching in mid 2018. Yu Suzuki will be at Gamescom this year, to discuss Shenmue, as well as this publishing deal.

Shenmue is one of a few game franchises that have historical value whilst continuing to ignite passion across gamers. We are delighted to have signed this publishing partnership and look forward to utilizing our global publishing network to maximize the potential of this highly anticipated game,” said Dr. Klemens Kundratitz, CEO of Koch Media/Deep Silver

Yu Suzuki, the director of Shenmue III and CEO of Ys Net added, “I am very pleased to secure this global partnership with Deep Silver, which is comprised of incredible men and women who have a deep passion for bringing Japanese titles to the rest of the world. Throughout this process, Deep Silver has expressed a deep passion for Japanese games, the Shenmue franchise and its fans—this gives me further confidence in Shenmue III and that we have found the best partner possible.”

“We are very excited for the continuation of Ryo Hazuki’s journey in Shenmue III, and are confident the game will deliver the story and gameplay PlayStation fans have been waiting for,” said Florian Hunziker, Vice President of PlayStation’s Third Party Relations & Developer Technology Group. “The global partnership between Ys Net and Deep Silver will help realize Yu Suzuki’s vision for Shenmue III—we are thrilled to see his spirit of innovation materialize on PS4.”

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shenmue 3 will go the way of Chinese Democracy.
Do you mean it will turn into a fairy tale?
I thought the series tried to stay "realistic", you know, with the early "accurate" weather simulation and all of that.

No it will have all the real people anyone cared about fired by a megalomaniac, take forever to come out, and be highly disappointing.

Last edited by tbb043,
Reactions: sarkwalvein

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Somewhat related to this topic:

Yu Suzuki tweeted this today:

upload_2017-8-20_13-2-55.png

Tweet: "I'll be heading to Gamescom now".

I am hoping for a proper trailer to be shown off at Gamescom or maybe some game play of S3. The dream however would be to see S1+2 HD unveiled but that is a pipe dream right now

hksrb25s14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They should at leased change ryo's face, it's very outdated,
Looks like if he's stuck on dreamcast and ported to PS3.
By the time this is released , people are going to be like arghhhh, could had been better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...