Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
Shantae: Risky's Revenge
DSi-Ware UK Release
ShantaeRiskysRevengeminiimage.jpg

Shantae: Risky's Revenge will be released on Friday February 11th to the European DSi-Ware store. The game will cost 1200 points just as it did for North American customers. For more information please check the links below.

icon11.gif
 Shantae: Risky's Revenge Review
icon11.gif
 Shantae GBC Review
icon11.gif
 Source

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
FINALLY, something worth downloading on DSiWare!
I can only hope we'll get Cavestory too.

This wasn't just the top-rated DSiWare of 2010, it was the top DS title!

xdf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fuck that shit! Fucking 1200 points. If it was 800 or even 1000 I would have bought it but having to buy 2 points cards for it. No! I will wait until it's piratable. Cunts! I didn't like the gbc one anyway but want to give this a try, at some point. It's not that I'm cheap. I have the 3ds on preorder with several games. But 1200 points is stupid for dsiware. They should release it in the shops if they think it's worth that much. And then I would pirate it! Yarr

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xdf said:
Fuck that shit! Fucking 1200 points. If it was 800 or even 1000 I would have bought it but having to buy 2 points cards for it. No! I will wait until it's piratable. Cunts! I didn't like the gbc one anyway but want to give this a try, at some point. It's not that I'm cheap. I have the 3ds on preorder with several games. But 1200 points is stupid for dsiware. They should release it in the shops if they think it's worth that much. And then I would pirate it! Yarr
Dude, 2000 points is £18, that's cheaper than any retail game with 800 points spare for other good DSiWare games (and there's quite a few)

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is actually the only reason I would even think about getting a DSi.
I don't have one, so I'll hope for a miracle and maybe DS2 will be able to play DSiWare on the DSlite. Not holding my breath.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
Really, DSiWare and stuff won't get hacked anytime soon. So, I decided to get it....now that it's out in Europe.
nyanya.gif
And plus, I can transfer it to my 3DS later.

Edit: Well, I'm a few hours in I think, and it's pretty fun. My most major complaint might be that it is too short!

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I decided to try out the original Shantae, it was alright but it has some quirks and flaws to it that hampered the enjoyment a bit, it was full of "oh come ON" moments.

It made me realise how much better the combat in games like Megaman Zero or Pulseman were, even in ranged combat your attacks were more effective and you weren't in harms way so easily.
The final boss had ridiculous moments like not being able to land a single hit unless it was standing totally still.

And more often than not, I died by falling into pits or touching spikes that all too suddenly appeared on screen after a leap of faith, thanks to the small screen size.

There was also the weirdness of the world map, it was designed in an awkward way that forces you to wonder around aimlessly and for a very long time, it's easy to get lost because of the small screen.

Anyhow I'm hoping the DSi sequel will be a lot better, this was made back in 2002 and on the gameboy colour no less.

xdf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well.. I had a couple of games I'd finished with so traded them in for 2000 points. I still think it's overpriced though considering I traded battlefield bad company 2 and halo 3 for the points card. 2 360 games > 2 dsiware games

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So does that mean your date was not good? It burns now?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Got two new stds in one night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Giggity
    +1
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    I don't bite! Minus the times when I did bite
  • The Catboy @ The Catboy:
    Like 5 minutes ago
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Billie needs her lunch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ffs papa brought back the cheeseburger pizza it's like the only decent pie they had since the 80s
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm not a fan of papa johns, but that does sound good. We hardly order out pizza, I like making my own, but when we do its donatoes
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get them like once every two months anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just because it's half a mile from where I live
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Request next time you order, that Shaq deliver it to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I want him to buy me a chain also
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Open it right next to the one we have
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys should i make a new thread and just count the amount of posts until kyle, luke or leo joins the thread for fun?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    kyle's fine, just waiting for that wario joke

luke and leo though, they yap until the thread's enjoyability is about halved
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Leo is Luke's alterego when he gets hard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Luke is gone, he got banned. And I'm surprised Leo hasn't yet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Subway was actually pretty decent tonight
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut you get, a seafood and psi salad sub
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psi had my footlong meatball special
    +1
  • PandaPandel @ PandaPandel: