SEGA to make acquisition of Angry birds creators, Rovio, for $776 million dollars

index.jpg

In a rather surprising turn of events after the controversial news about Rovio delisting the very first Angry Birds from stores (with rumours claiming it was done due to not being able to profit from the lack of microtransactions on said title), SEGA has stepped up and made, and subsequently approved, offer to acquire the creators of the Angry Birds franchise.

According to some outlets, SEGA wants to be able to improve its mobile presence through the experience Rovio has on said market, and while initially the offer was rumoured to be around the billion dollars for the acquisition, the final amount to which the acquisition will be settled will be $776 million dollars.

It is still unknown what other goals SEGA might have with the merge of Rovio other than expanding their mobile experience, but it'll certainly be interesting to see what might come out of this merge.

:arrow: Source

KeeperCP1

"What, why, where, who?" is my middle name
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I sure hope the community posts on Angry Birds' youtube will stop getting those replies like "STOP SMOKING AND BRING BACK THOSE STUPID OLD GAMES GOSHDARNIT!:nayps3:"
These replies annoy me!

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
why buy a studio that only did one game and countless expansions for their only game and nothing more? also those games are preety much dead nowadays, not sure why waste so much money on this crap imo.

Last edited by pedro702,

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So... several Angry Birds games, Nibblers and the delisted Amazing Alex. Plus a few now delisted clones of other games.

Sure Angry Birds is still making money so Sega will get back their money in a few years but the company nowadays basically doesn't make anything that's not Angry Birds.

Amazing Alex was bought by Rovio and they didn't really know how to continue it, that and not making as much money as Angry Birds is why it got delisted.

I don't know if this was a good business choice, but at least I hope we get another angry Birds collection with at least three games.

Oh and I kinda miss Amazing Alex.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay