DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
It's a shame that the Secret Santa thingy flopped );

I'd love to see more happy faces but guess you can't have everything.
I did enjoy the things the others got and posted tho!

Reactions: 431unknown

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
feels really strange that it 'flopped' :/
but knowing how the postal service acts, I would give it another couple of weeks before drawing ant conclusions. and also, maybe many who did receive just didn't post here?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still haven't gotten anything either. I had an international santa, and I didn't look into getting tracking on it because it was already pretty expensive to ship. My santa hasn't posted about whether they got it or not. I did ship it in November, but oh well.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
make sure to post the list of dead beats so they can be be shamed by the community :whip:

I don't think that would be a good idea. From the sounds of it, most, if not all of us did send stuff, just the stupid mailing system is, well, being stupid. And for all I know, mine got to the person, but they are being quiet and such.

But I'm giving up hope because the memory cards I sent back to people have got to them while who ever's package for me hasn't arrived.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I sent a package to Finland right before Christmas (bit too late to arrive BEFORE Christmas though...) and it arrived right on time. Same for a letter (well, small packet) sent early December from Finland.

The postal system gets a little bogged down during Christmas, but mostly they're just busier, delays aren't month long. They're maybe a few days. Blaming the mail system is a little silly at this point.

EDIT: Oh and I had packages arriving all over the goddamn place, I order most of my presents online...they all arrived on time riiight up to around Dec 20th or so).

Reactions: 431unknown

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
I sent a package to Finland right before Christmas (bit too late to arrive BEFORE Christmas though...) and it arrived right on time. Same for a letter (well, small packet) sent early December from Finland.

The postal system gets a little bogged down during Christmas, but mostly they're just busier, delays aren't month long. They're maybe a few days. Blaming the mail system is a little silly at this point.

EDIT: Oh and I had packages arriving all over the goddamn place, I order most of my presents online...they all arrived on time riiight up to around Dec 20th or so).

I dunno. Maybe people sent really late in the game? I sent mine around mid-November (it was international), and people are silly and paranoid. I know my post-man at home (I'm at university now), is fucking terrible - he works/delivers maybe two days of the week.

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
Update: I got it! (I forgot I gave my university address, and it was stuck in the mailbox over the holidays.)

HNI_0076.JPG

I think the top is mints, middle is coffee candy, and the bottom is liquor/cherry filled chocolates. (The bottom got crushed a tiny bit, and it smells terrific!)

*I ate the crushed one, and it's delicious! I love these, and this company uses dark chocolate...

HNI_0077.JPG

Candy and a small little house figure. (Are these traditional in Croatia?)

Thank you! I love this little present and trinket. (It will be coming home with me after this semester.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool