lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii all know Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of those top best selling game on wii...

054f_1_qjpreviewth.jpg
DSC00010_qjpreviewth.jpg

What your second game suggestions must have?
if you choose None* - add a reason why?

Magus19

Trophies
Website
rotdteam.sourceforge.net
XP
Country
Canada
I voted Monkey Ball, but I would recommend all the games I own, Monkey Ball(insanly hard but really fun), Exite Truck(really cool and the best racing game out for now), Trauma Center(like the DS version but with more content), and soon Metal Slug(well it's metal slug, the best action arcade game). And zelda but you already know it's the best. Wii sport is also cool for multiplayer fun.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played my first DBZ game over this weekend on the PS2 with a friend and it was a total blast (for someone who's never seen the show ever). I read the IGN review and it seems kinda fun with the Wii-mote controller scheme.

primeblue

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't/won't own a Wii, but I must say... I fap at Marvel Ultimate Alliance
I know I can play it on PS2 and/or PC, but the next-gen (or is it current-gen?) versions are just amazing.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'd say Rayman Raving Rabbids. From what game footage and features I've seen and read about, I think it's a good choice for both single- and multiplayer, and just seems fun. With Rabbids
laugh.gif

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'll add my two cents about what I wouldn't get for Wii.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 2
I wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole. I absolutely love the game on PS2, but there's no way you would be able to play it well enough on Wii. The novelty factor will wear off very quickly, and once you get the hang of it and you are ready to go up against the more difficult CPU settings, you just won't have the physical speed to keep up on the Wii. Doing a full physical motion with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck compared to simply pressing two buttons simultaneously on the PS2? There's just no comparison when it comes to speed. And any DBZ fan knows that it's all about speed.

If you could play the PS2 version against somebody playing on a Wii, you would win every single time. There is just no way you could keep up with rapid button combinations by waving your hands in loops and other strange shapes. It just wouldn't be fun on Wii, it would be like playing in slow motion. And I guarantee that the CPU's AI hasn't been slowed down for the Wii version to compensate. The AI is sickenly fast and relentless on the highest settings; you'll want all the speed you can get to keep up.

Finally, a great game that really emulates the anime well and keeps the speed of gameplay very high, and then slowing it down with the Wii controls? Sure, if we were all DBZ characters in real life, we could do it...
smile.gif
But that AI is beyond the physical speed limits of a human being if said human being had to motion all of the moves themselves.

There's also the fact that the music in the North American and European versions are really, really bad. At least with my PS2, I have the option of playing the Japanese version (which I do). The difference is like night and day.

Red Steel
Ouch. Lousy reviews all over the net because of very lousy controls. Said to be full of glitches too. A friend of mine bought it with his Wii and he was so disappointed that he traded it in for credit two days later. I would certainly recommend renting before buying (although I wouldn't even pay the money to rent it, personally). The videos alone show just how lackluster this title is, and they can't even show you how bad the controls are.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Again, a situation where the game would play better on other systems. I love the Wii to death, but there's no way I would want to play a game like X-Men Legends 1 or 2 on it when I could play it with a PS2 controller instead. Besides, it was out for the other systems much earlier. You could have played it on them and been done with it long before the Wii even came out.

Other
I wouldn't recommend a few of the other games (such as WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii Play and Elebits) as a second game for North American gamers, because waiting so long for your second game is silly when you have games like Rayman Raving Rabbids and Excite Truck to choose from much earlier.
smile.gif

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey lookout, are those pics from a pre-order Zelda :TP pack?
cause that looks sweet.

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess "collector's set" (item number 280053588367). The set is available at Target for about $ 39.99 (that's American dollars).
06a6_1_qjpreviewth.jpg
05bc_1_qjpreviewth.jpg

wink2.gif

:\ Cant find that at their homepage ;_; is there anywhere else i can get this? (In Europe if possible
tongue.gif
)

the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess not even out in euro.. :'( but
also found it on ebay

lookout

GBAtemp Board Room
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll add my two cents about what I wouldn't get for Wii.

Dragon Ball Z Budokai: Tenkaichi 2
I wouldn't touch this with a ten-foot pole. I absolutely love the game on PS2, but there's no way you would be able to play it well enough on Wii. The novelty factor will wear off very quickly, and once you get the hang of it and you are ready to go up against the more difficult CPU settings, you just won't have the physical speed to keep up on the Wii. Doing a full physical motion with the Wii Remote and Nunchuck compared to simply pressing two buttons simultaneously on the PS2? There's just no comparison when it comes to speed. And any DBZ fan knows that it's all about speed.

If you could play the PS2 version against somebody playing on a Wii, you would win every single time. There is just no way you could keep up with rapid button combinations by waving your hands in loops and other strange shapes. It just wouldn't be fun on Wii, it would be like playing in slow motion. And I guarantee that the CPU's AI hasn't been slowed down for the Wii version to compensate. The AI is sickenly fast and relentless on the highest settings; you'll want all the speed you can get to keep up.

Finally, a great game that really emulates the anime well and keeps the speed of gameplay very high, and then slowing it down with the Wii controls? Sure, if we were all DBZ characters in real life, we could do it...
smile.gif
 But that AI is beyond the physical speed limits of a human being if said human being had to motion all of the moves themselves.

There's also the fact that the music in the North American and European versions are really, really bad. At least with my PS2, I have the option of playing the Japanese version (which I do). The difference is like night and day.

Red Steel
Ouch. Lousy reviews all over the net because of very lousy controls. Said to be full of glitches too. A friend of mine bought it with his Wii and he was so disappointed that he traded it in for credit two days later. I would certainly recommend renting before buying (although I wouldn't even pay the money to rent it, personally). The videos alone show just how lackluster this title is, and they can't even show you how bad the controls are.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Again, a situation where the game would play better on other systems. I love the Wii to death, but there's no way I would want to play a game like X-Men Legends 1 or 2 on it when I could play it with a PS2 controller instead. Besides, it was out for the other systems much earlier. You could have played it on them and been done with it long before the Wii even came out.

Other
I wouldn't recommend a few of the other games (such as WarioWare: Smooth Moves, Wii Play and Elebits) as a second game for North American gamers, because waiting so long for your second game is silly when you have games like Rayman Raving Rabbids and Excite Truck to choose from much earlier.
smile.gif

Sevael good spoke! thank for the review, I also thought about the Red Steel was disappointed...
frown.gif

and I also thought buying these game Smooth Moves, Wii Play and Elebits.
grog.gif

Sevael

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm, looks alright, but I'd pass. That type of first-person shooter is always better on a PC. Games like Metroid Prime 3 will be great for Wii, but games like Call of Duty are better on the PC. The PC will have better graphics, faster framerates, full online play and better control (I still think that the mouse is better than the Wii Remote for speed and precision). Plus there are like 500 WWII shooters out for the PC already.
smile.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's sad that Red Steel is getting talked about so badly. I really wanted it up to 3 days before the Wii launch, when everything started coming out and saying the game was trash. Way to go Ubisoft. Where's my XIII 2?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Literally 300 lbs. lolol