Hacking Searching a 3.4 tester interested in backup launching

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you CAN NOT have a channel with zero nintendo code, it would not run from the system menu (which is made of....[wait for it]....nintendo code), and would be useless.
THEREFORE, you can not have a WAD (because they are pre-prepared packages ready for installation[delivery]) that does not have nintendo code.

you CAN have an installer that builds that code or copies it legally from a local/internet source, and is not present in the actual file (installer) you distribute.

however, we are getting laughable here....the gist of the code we're talking about contained in all wads is that which basically says "this is nintendo code, install it, and run it you beautiful Wii you." the end.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwarrior7 said:
you CAN NOT have a channel with zero nintendo code, it would not run from the system menu (which is made of....[wait for it]....nintendo code), and would be useless.
THEREFORE, you can not have a WAD (because they are pre-prepared packages ready for installation[delivery]) that does not have nintendo code.

you CAN have an installer that builds that code or copies it legally from a local/internet source, and is not present in the actual file (installer) you distribute.

however, we are getting laughable here....the gist of the code we're talking about contained in all wads is that which basically says "this is nintendo code, install it, and run it you beautiful Wii you." the end.

I doubt that team twiizers used nintendo's code for the HBC. .dols can contain 0% code from nintendo, but they are running on the wii, so your argument is not the best. But this thread should not be about wads.

About the topic:
It seems my installer works correctly now with IOS16, so the only illegal step from 3.4 to backup launching needed are a few kb code from nintendo in the IOS15 to 16 patcher. There's a way to install trucha signed code on 3.4 without IOS16, but it's not published yet. If i find it(lol), i will implement it.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
read slower.

.dols run from the system menu? No. They don't. I made clear that I was talking about channels (which launch from the system menu), even underlined it.

also, I made clear that installers could download such code and it was still legal....they can download shared app files, or just use what is already there on the wii.

the hbc does tell the system menu it is an authorized channel (just like any other channel that runs)...my whole point was that that was the amount of code we are talking about in wads.

also the IOS15 to IOS16 patcher containing nintendo code is a myth as far as I can tell, don't believe it just cause someone said it. demand proof.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwarrior7 said:
read slower.

.dols run from the system menu? No. They don't. I made clear that I was talking about channels (which launch from the system menu), even underlined it.

also, I made clear that installers could download such code and it was still legal....they can download shared app files, or just use what is already there on the wii.

the hbc does tell the system menu it is an authorized channel (just like any other channel that runs)...my whole point was that that was the amount of code we are talking about in wads.

also the IOS15 to IOS16 patcher containing nintendo code is a myth as far as I can tell, don't believe it just cause someone said it. demand proof.

cert, ios16tik and ios16tmd sound very suspicious to me, the rest are diff files. What exactly inside the wads contains always nintendo code? A Wad consists of contents, meta files and is signed, i don't see why you couldn't write all of the content on your own(if you knew how) and sign it. The system menu doesn't check for nintendo code, it does check if the channel contains a working and correct signed application as far as i understood.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you're exactly right
That's the point I was making
The code In question is some arbitrary part that simply allows it to launch and function

That's what I was getting at.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
noobwarrior7 said:
you're exactly right
That's the point I was making
The code In question is some arbitrary part that simply allows it to launch and function

That's what I was getting at.

I'm not a pro at this, but it should be possible to reverse engineer this code and rewrite it. Ok, then everything is cleared i guess.

My installer could be included in the downgrade guides. If i have seen correctly, they include the installation of a cIOS at IOS249 anyway, so why not directly install the cIOS you want in the end? This would reduce the necessary steps needed by one and this way is a little more legal than a IOS249.wad.

megazig

SU
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
perhaps I should have been more clear, yes, the tmd and tik are from the 16th IOS. Distributing these in whole is the same as distributing pictures or other forms of digital data. That is the illegal part. Using either another exploit or another way to present the tmd to the system for install would clear up this problem.

WiiPower

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
megazig said:
perhaps I should have been more clear, yes, the tmd and tik are from the 16th IOS. Distributing these in whole is the same as distributing pictures or other forms of digital data. That is the illegal part. Using either another exploit or another way to present the tmd to the system for install would clear up this problem.

The problem is, in order to install a IOS, you need a tmd for it. Tmds have to be signed in general. Normally you just fake sign it, but that's the point in using IOS16 as all other IOS you have don't support fake signing. I'm searching another exploit for fake signed stuff, but i'm an amateur, i doubt i will find one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol