Seaman Being Revived on 3DS (among other franchises)

TLOZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you watched Classic Game Room (which is still on air btw... just sayin...) back in the day when Seaman was released for the Dreamcast you certainly knew this game...
Something I would refer to as "awksome" (awkward but somehow awesome at the same time).
I have an original Dreamcast right next to me and no 3DS (sad but true) - guess I'm not in need of this release - although I'd REALLY like to have it :/

(Check out this playlist: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4MqvIHxkQo&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SL ,it's hilarious)

Reactions: 2 people

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

One such example given was the strange but classic pet sim "Seaman", which you may remember from the Sega Dreamcast.

"Seaman", which you may remember from the Sega Dreamcast.

Sega Dreamcast.

Dreamcast, you say? REZ, I say.

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this was the only game i actually bought for the dreamcast. not that i had much of a choice cuz i needed the mic. this could be pretty cool in 3d. i think someone may have mentioned it earlier but the should do rez in 3d as well.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah right... and then you will complain on how stupid is to port shenmue to the 3DS because it has long cutscenes just like snake eater 3D

No, you'll go to every thread and bitch about every post I make despite the fact I never do any of the dumb ass shit you say. Seriously, cry somewhere else, it's annoying to go to every thread to see you go "yeah right, then you'll complain about X because YOU HATE THE 3DS AND WANT NINTENDO TO DIE IN A FIRE".

I'm saying that Shenmue was much more popular, had a rather dedicated fanbase, and is one of the things people have been dying for a revival of. A proper remake could fix a lot of the issues of the original and provide some much needed love to older Dreamcast games.

Also Jet Set/Grind Radio wouldn't be a bad choice either. And as smash_brew mentioned, Rez would be fantastic. Normally I mark off 3D as useless and a faddy trend but seeing a game so based on visuals like Rez in another dimension would be both unique and awesome.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought ports were the last thing people wanted, if games like these do get re-made then people will just complain the amount of ports on a X system.

But then they're not ports, they're remakes.

Even if a game is exactly the same, as long as it's a "remake" people will defend it until the end of time.

If a game is a port then it'll be fed to the wolves with the rest of its family.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I thought ports were the last thing people wanted, if games like these do get re-made then people will just complain the amount of ports on a X system.

But then they're not ports, they're remakes.

Even if a game is exactly the same, as long as it's a "remake" people will defend it until the end of time.

If a game is a port then it'll be fed to the wolves with the rest of its family.
It's how people see it, Zelda OOT 3D is a remake, have you seen vast majority of the people mark it as a port.

Same with MGS 3D, it's a remake, but still seen as a port.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
Well one major franchise I want back is Ganbare Goemon, or Mystical Ninja as he's better known here in western territories.
Konami really needs to make another one like the second game on the N64, it was great in so many aspects but what made it perfect for me was the music... oh the music. :bow:

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patent.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT-Cy-hap_Q