Hacking SD Mind Boggler!

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago, my SD Slot refused to read anything in the Wii menu,HBC, etc.. But when inserted prior to starting up the wii..it would load bootmii and allow me to dump my nand AND restore my nand from the SD card...Yesterday I tried out sneek, and low and behold, my sd slot works fine within Sneek, but not in the regular system menu???? and the dump im using for sneek, is mine so it's not a different dump...Does anybody have any clue on why this is happening??

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried 7 different SD cards (3 2GB's,3 1GB's, and a cheap 256mb), all of which I used on the wii before the sd slot started acting up, so I know it's not the cards. I even re-formatted all of them and tried them again, and the same thing, they work with sneek and bootmii, but not with regular system menu

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Well man, they use different SD code, and hence have different compatibility.

Although I believe that the system menu is generally more compatible than bootmii, this must just be a rare case where bootmii is the only one compatible.

On the chance that there is another cause, try formatting the card, to both FAT and FAT32.

Otherwise your only hope would seem to be waiting for system menu update that improves SD card compatibility (good luck...).

K

Kurisuellegarden

What system menu is it? 4.0 or above? SDHC compatiblity was added into those...then maybe it would show?

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.2U...and I've used the SD Formatter already lol..no go...the f'd up part is, is that I know the wii recognized that an SD is in there, it just refuses to read any card I throw at it

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Heh, it almost sounds like an old boot sector virus.

Riicky said:
4.2U...and I've used the SD Formatter already lol..no go...the f'd up part is, is that I know the wii recognized that an SD is in there, it just refuses to read any card I throw at it

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I didn't say it was one. I just meant that the situation reminded me of some of the behaviors you would see with some boot sector viruses way back in the day.

Riicky said:
thesund0g said:
Heh, it almost sounds like an old boot sector virus.

Riicky said:

...no

Riicky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if anyone is still reading this topic, is there a specific IOS that handles SD card reading/writing, or is in the system menu?....I've tried installing 3.2,4.0,4.1,4.2..getting the same results

m-tek

Trophies
Website
supex0.co.uk
XP
Country
I had a similar problem , found it to be the sd slot itself...

simply pushing the sd card in and holding it as far in as it would go did it... strange I know but worked for me...

seemed as if the contacts weren't connecting properly (springing back to far)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @light27, why is talking about my birthday something bad?