Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I would like to say that the sd card is working with my switch its showing 976 gb on my pc but I do have some stuff on it a game and files
It doesn't matter what size it shows on your pc, fake cards will show a higher capacity than they really have. What they do is they store anything in excess of their true storage on your pc. When you try to use the data elsewhere, it will be corrupted. You need to use H2testw to test it. Https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)

Thatcher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I get that upto 256gb I will be happy iv only spent a tenner but any more is a bonus

Most fake SD cards have spoofed capacity when they arrive. You'll only find out how much storage is really on there when you reach its true capacity.

snoofly

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
400gbs sandusky work fine but fill up suprisingly quickly by the time you install all the updates, dlcs and retro roms etc
i got a bunch of 200s during prime day for £38 each for good £/Gb value

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You shouldn't buy fake SD cards even if you think that you will only use a fraction of the storage space. The factories producing these fake cards use shitty materials that end up having a much higher percentage of failure compared to genuine SD cards. So yeah, don't be stupid. 99% of manufacturers offer lifetime warranty, too.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It doesn't matter what size it shows on your pc, fake cards will show a higher capacity than they really have. What they do is they store anything in excess of their true storage on your pc. When you try to use the data elsewhere, it will be corrupted. You need to use H2testw to test it. Https://3ds.guide/h2testw-(windows)
Not exactly, once the real capacity of the card is full, one of two things will happen. Either it will simply ignore any new data, and the files end up looking like they transferred but in reality they contain garbage data. Or it will start overwriting files at the start of the card, which means the files you just put on will work fine and you might not notice there's anything wrong until you try to access the old files that have been overwritten.

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've got 512GB in mine, which gives 499GB (formatted) out of the packaging and I've currently got 475GB remaining for all my SXOS needs (even better now I've got NSP on the devmenu). B-)

View attachment 136877
Congratz on getting scammed!
Largest microSD is 400gb atm.
You got one where the meta data got mangled with to display a capacity of 512gb.

Let me guess, you got it on ebay or some chinese site? :D

This card is most likely just a 8gb card or something in that ballpark. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly, I'm kinda tempted to buy myself one of these Micro SD TF and slam a 1TB SD card in there just to find out if it works or not. :D

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Congratz on getting scammed!
Largest microSD is 400gb atm.
You got one where the meta data got mangled with to display a capacity of 512gb.

This card is most likely just a 8gb card or something in that ballpark. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly, I'm kinda tempted to buy myself one of these Micro SD TF and slam a 1TB SD card in there just to find out if it works or not. :D
It might be real. 512GB mSD do exist now. Integral was the first to announce//release one.
Info: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...12gb-microsd-card-largest-ever-memory-storage
Amazon UK product page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-microSDXC-Memory-Smartphones-Tablets/dp/B0798DW5NW

And PNY has recently released one too.
Info: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/01/pny-introduces-512gb-microsd-card-349-99/
B&H product page: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._p_sdu512u190el_ge_pny_elite_512gb_micro.html

His user profile shows he's from the UK, where the Integral Memory was sold/distributed in, iirc. So it might be that. Stateside (USA) you'd need to look at PNY's 512GB mSD. If you're anywhere else in the world, RIP?

I personally went with Amazon's Prime Day 400GB deal, and got 3 of them for 140 each, all passed h2testw_1.4. So no complaints here. Though if I had the money to splurge all out, I'd try the PNY mSD lol

Last edited by Temptress Cerise,

Kukielka

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It might be real. 512GB mSD do exist now. Integral was the first to announce//release one.
Info: https://www.theverge.com/circuitbre...12gb-microsd-card-largest-ever-memory-storage
Amazon UK product page: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Integral-microSDXC-Memory-Smartphones-Tablets/dp/B0798DW5NW

And PNY has recently released one too.
Info: https://www.androidpolice.com/2018/06/01/pny-introduces-512gb-microsd-card-349-99/
B&H product page: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod..._p_sdu512u190el_ge_pny_elite_512gb_micro.html

His user profile shows he's from the UK, where the Integral Memory was sold/distributed in, iirc. So it might be that. Stateside (USA) you'd need to look at PNY's 512GB mSD. If you're anywhere else in the world, RIP?

I personally went with Amazon's Prime Day 400GB deal, and got 3 of them for 140 each, all passed h2testw_1.4. So no complaints here. Though if I had the money to splurge all out, I'd try the PNY mSD lol
Yeah but why tho?
I got myself 2x 200gb for 32€ each. €/GB cant be beaten :D

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but why tho?
I got myself 2x 200gb for 32€ each. €/GB cant be beaten :D
Why did I spend that much money? Because I can? Because I don't want to manage 3-5 mSDs for a single device? One went into my Vita, one into my Switch and one into my Galaxy8 phone. That's why I said, if I had even more money to splurge, I'd def had gone for the PNY 512 GB mSD.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
guys,i think he got it, its a fake.

Why did I spend that much money? Because I can? Because I don't want to manage 3-5 mSDs for a single device? One went into my Vita, one into my Switch and one into my Galaxy8 phone. That's why I said, if I had even more money to splurge, I'd def had gone for the PNY 512 GB mSD.
why would you ever need that much space on your phone though?

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Nope, directly from the manufacturer on Amazon... Who's laughing now? (probably those in the future when the price drops) :lol:

His user profile shows he's from the UK, where the Integral Memory was sold/distributed in, iirc. So it might be that.

You are absolutely correct, they sell them on Amazon (UK) for the same price as the Switch console. ^_^

Although I could have bought three Integral 256GB microSD's for £10 less than £280 for 512GB (if I had more sense to think of price over storage). B-)

Song of storms

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Nope, directly from the manufacturer on Amazon... Who's laughing now? (probably those in the future when the price drops) :lol:

You are absolutely correct, they sell them on Amazon (UK) for the same price as the Switch console. ^_^

Although I could have bought three Integral 256GB microSD's for £10 less than £280 for 512GB (if I had more sense to think of price over storage). B-)
Don't take our word for granted, just use something like h2test to see how much your micro sd card really holds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol