sd card just wont work

Demi-Fiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this might be more of an sd card related question, in which case im sorry and ill figure out where to post it. i ordered a micro sd to memory stick duo adaptor. i stuck in a 64gb nintendo switch branded microSDXC card. it could not be read. i needed to format it, so i did just that. once i formatted it, it said there was no memory stick inserted. i tried formatting it on pc, and it said the format could not be completed, i tried on switch and the same thing happened as on psp. it said the sd card could not be read, so i formatted it, and it said there was no sd card inserted. is this card just messed up and i need to get a new one? ive tried cleaning it already.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you or it needs to put the ofw on it. But I'm NO expert on it. Or, it's not reading it as a.... wait. what console are you inserting this into?

I only do psp. get my drift?

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What Do u use to format the sd Card and wich file format? For fat32 use fat32formatter, its recommended. U can check the Card for failer with a write and read test. Use a partition manager or h2testw. U can make a simple or full one, but it will take hours to finish.

Reactions: AncientBoi

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I don't get it, if you put the SD card on the PC directly with a SD reader, What happen? what partitions are show on the PC? could you please share us pictures of your device manager and disk manager showing the SD card. thanks.

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it, if you put the SD card on the PC directly with a SD reader, What happen? what partitions are show on the PC? could you please share us pictures of your device manager and disk manager showing the SD card. thanks.

Agree. Like my laptop has a SDcard reader/writer. Which i use for my psp system. or even go directly into my psp via usb. Either way, I get readings.

Demi-Fiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you or it needs to put the ofw on it. But I'm NO expert on it. Or, it's not reading it as a.... wait. what console are you inserting this into?

I only do psp. get my drift?
i was gonna use it for psp, but then i had all these problems with it

Demi-Fiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agree. Like my laptop has a SDcard reader/writer. Which i use for my psp system. or even go directly into my psp via usb. Either way, I get readings.
my computer has an sdcard reader/writer as well. when i put the microsd card in the pc using an adaptor, it is shown as "SD (F:)". as soon as it put it in, my pc says that i need to format the disk. so i try and format it and it just says that windows could not complete the format.

Demi-Fiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What Do u use to format the sd Card and wich file format? For fat32 use fat32formatter, its recommended. U can check the Card for failer with a write and read test. Use a partition manager or h2testw. U can make a simple or full one, but it will take hours to finish.
i tried using GUIformat to format it to fat32, but when i try and do that, it says the drive is too small, and that to format to fat32, it needs at least 64k clusters. apparently theres only 30 mb of free space on there, which makes sense, since i used it on my switch before this and took a lot of videos and pictures.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Could be a damaged SD card.

I use a similar adapter for my PSP and all works fine. but if I eject the card from PSP while is on standby you can not read on PC until I do proper shutdown the PSP then the card is normally readable on PC.

• Love

Demi-Fiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be a damaged SD card.

I use a similar adapter for my PSP and all works fine. but if I eject the card from PSP while is on standby you can not read on PC until I do proper shutdown the PSP then the card is normally readable on PC.
yeah, im starting to think its damaged and i should just get a new one. figured id check here before getting one though

Reactions: impeeza

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Demi-Fiend , you're a good sport. :) my suggestion is to format the sd card as ntfs using the normal windows formatting tool, then try h2testw. exfat and fat32 iirc won't cover the whole card since some data is reserved.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i tried using GUIformat to format it to fat32, but when i try and do that, it says the drive is too small, and that to format to fat32, it needs at least 64k clusters. apparently theres only 30 mb of free space on there, which makes sense, since i used it on my switch before this and took a lot of videos and pictures.
Did u tryed zzblank.img ? Before u format it, use zzblank.img and write it with "win32 disk imager" or "balena etcher" to the sd Card. It erases everything on the card including the partition table. Then format it with your desired format new with fat32formater (fat32 use 32kb Sektorsize).
Normaly it should work 🤔

If still Problems appear u can try Aomei Partition Manager and run full write and read test or with CMD/Powershell and Commands Chkdsk and diskpart. It will repair bad sektors if there are reserve Sektors available. Maybe u can try reading the S.M.A.R.T Information with a tool wich shows the Health of the Card. Like this one https://www.hdsentinel.com/how_to_monitor_sd_card_health_status.php

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol