Hacking SD card corrupted

bbgarnett

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I softmodded my wii a few years back using the now defunct bannerbomb technique. Anyways I was using my wii yesterday and all of a sudden I couldn't access my homebrew or bootmii. My wii works fine like it loads up to the menu and things like netflix etc etc work just fine but when I try to go to homebrew it brings up the homebrew but nothing shows up there. Also it just goes straight to the wii menu and doesn't go to the bootmii menu. So I was like What the heck and decided to put my sd mard into my PC and first thing that happened was it popped up saying disk F needs to be formatted and I was like no and I tried to access my SD card to take everything on it off and then reformat it but I can't access it at all and everytime I try to format it just says write protected can't format. So I checked to make sure that the the tab on the card wasn't in the lock position and it's not and the thing was I had just used the card earlier to update configurable USB loader and install D2X as ios 249 is no longer used and was coming up as being a stub. So I mean I had updated everything and it was working and what I was doing was in the CFG usb loader I went in and was having find missing covers for my games and so I started that and just let it run and it was working but then it got to 20 out of like 40 or whatever and it had just froze there a so I turned off my Wii turned it back on and that's when my homebrew stopped working and when the SD card or actually I was using a 1GB MicroSD card with an SD card adapter became corrupted. So I am trying to figure out what to do as I can't format the card or get anything off of the card. So I was wondering if I could just buy a new card and run letterbomb to get my homebrew back or what should my next steps be.

any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Also I am running 4.3U

I apologize if this is a little long.

bbgarnett

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure how to mark this as solved or anything but I figured out my problem. I was finally able to get my card to format and then I just used the letterbomb exploit and re did/ re wrote over my original softmod. I think that someone might have updated my wii console through Nintendo as it was on 4.3U which I am pretty sure I wasn't on before since I knew that anything above 4.1 did nothing but remove or try to remove exploits. So I think someone else did an update which then caused me my issues so I just used letterbomb wrote over my original soft mod, downgraded to 4.1U and this time used priloader to disable online updates and disc updates along with some other things. So I think everything is working fine and actually better than before as when I had originally did it there were things that just didn't work that do now or things are a lot easier/simpler than they were like 4 or so years ago when I did this originally.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay