Hacking Screwed cios install help.

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I attempted to install the cios that comes with WiiGators Backup Launcher but it errors out (-1) installing the new IOS249 as a result all my homebrew that defaults to IOS249 (wadmanager) black screens when I try to run it.

I was trying to overwrite the failed install with cios_fix.wad but can't due to the black screen loading wad manager.

Luckily Any Title Deleter still works but I have never used it before so is it safe to delete IOS249 in there? Then I will reinstall cios_fix or try getting the backup launcher 0.3 beta going again.

Any ideas on why cios installer failed would be nice to. I am running a 3.2U firmware and manually downloaded the unpatched IOS from Nintendos servers onto my SD card from the instructions in WiiGators readme. Note they all pass the hash check when running CIOS installer.

shadowofdarkness

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ignore this I decided to try deleting IOS249 and it worked then I reinstalled cios_fix, then reran cios installer to get V6 and it worked this time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ