Hacking Emulation Homebrew Screen not fitting properly in Mario Sunshine (Nintendon't)

ToBaRi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read this post.

I have a problem regarding Super Mario Sunshine on Nintendon't. For some reason, it seems that only this game bypasses the settings I put into Nintendon't (video width, screen position etc.) My other gamecube games had black bars on the side as well, but using the video width settings I was able to fill the screen on those games. All games respond to these settings except for Mario Sunshine. A noteable difference is that on other games, the bars were only on the sides, while here the under side of the screen also has a black bar, and the bars are smaller than the other games were before configuration.

I've tried editing the settings in both nintendon't itself and Usb Loader GX, and tried running the game throuh both loaders with the same results. I've downloaded other roms of Mario Sunshine with the same results. It's only Mario Sunshine that doesn't seem to listen to the configurations.

It's definately not the roms, since I've tried loading them into Dolphin and there the image fits the screen perfectly.

Does anyone know what could cause this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• 16802926868052824277558178345145.jpg
    16802926868052824277558178345145.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 61

guitarburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I have a problem regarding Super Mario Sunshine on Nintendon't. For some reason, it seems that only this game bypasses the settings I put into Nintendon't (video width, screen position etc.) My other gamecube games had black bars on the side as well, but using the video width settings I was able to fill the screen on those games. All games respond to these settings except for Mario Sunshine. A noteable difference is that on other games, the bars were only on the sides, while here the under side of the screen also has a black bar, and the bars are smaller than the other games were before configuration.
I've tried editing the settings in both nintendon't itself and Usb Loader GX, and tried running the game throuh both loaders with the same results. I've downloaded other roms of Mario Sunshine with the same results. It's only Mario Sunshine that doesn't seem to listen to the configurations.
It's definately not the roms, since I've tried loading them into Dolphin and there the image fits the screen perfectly.
Does anyone know what could cause this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Attachments

• 2023-04-03-184831.png
    2023-04-03-184831.png
    102.4 KB · Views: 68
Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

ToBaRi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if it's intentional that your reply doesn't contain any text, but the images posted (and the replies on the reddit post) don't really cover the issue at play here.

First off: the issue doesn't present itself in the other games except for Mario Sunshine and it seems that my issue doesn't align with the one in the reddit post.

And I use the USA version. So the first image actually says there should be no problem, since that fix mentioned applies to the european version.

guitarburger

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
My bad!

I load my Nintendont games in Wiiflow Lite, I also have Mario Sunshine but it does display in 16:9 (meaning widescreen) not 4:3 (meaning square).

My best advice is that in Wiiflow, Wiiflow itself has settings which totally override any Nintendont settings, that is, Nintendont takes its settings entirely from the loader. In Wiiflow Lite there are settings such as "Force Aspect Ratio" to "16:9" or "4:3" as well as a "Widescreen Patch" and "Wii U Widescreen" settings.

Since the way you are making the games display in 16:9 is by stretching the number of the width in the width number, maybe you have another setting called "Scaling" which is set to "Fixed" (which would stop it from stretching).

My advice is to make sure your loader settings are set entirely, as in, in USBLoaderGX, make sure you have checked deeply into Widescreen Settings or how the loader is getting the settings for the Nintendont Game, as in, is it set to use the System Menu video settings?

This is because, at least in the way it is in Wiiflow, all of the configuration for Nintendont is built into Wiiflow setting buttons, and these buttons override any and all Nintendont settings.

Since there is also a thin black bar along the bottom, my best guess is the "Video Mode" is different from the other games.

Sorry I'm not much help!

FoxStorm1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
bit.ly
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Can't you force wide-screen in the config?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Z like Sunday morning