(Scam) Beware selling your mobiles on eBay

Mollycule

Add me on osu~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So there's a big scam going on in eBay in which buyers are buying smartphones faulty, new and used condition, finding the slightest thing they could claim makes it an "Item not as described" and proceeding in sending it back.

Now this wouldn't be so bad if that were all the was to it, but these sellers are buying multiple phones and coincidentally me and my dad were selling both our phones on eBay to downgrade (hi Nokia) for travel cash and we had the same buyer buy both our phones and claim trivial defects one of which being a tiny scratch on the screen protector of a phone that was bundled with one extra too, mine was a bit worse being a small depression on the faux metal bezel which I said fair enough and offered a part refund but was declined promptly.

Now this seller has bought 10 phones in the past week (all Samsung galaxy phones) and I was shocked to find he has been swapping out parts and sending them back out hoping nobody notices.

My 3 month old battery holds 2 hours charge over 15 hours, my camera lens is scuffed and I wasn't smart enough to take serial numbers from the back of the phone so who knows what else he did..

I will also say for the sake of anyone else selling phones make sure they're being wiped correctly, I have bought phones off ebay before and found seriously sensitive data left behind, more than just browsing sessions, photographs and notes, but being a nice person I flash a stock image to wipe before I start using it (lol, explaining myself)...

There's a huge hidden problem here and would advise against selling to a random person who could be buying many phones on the odd chance of finding a trove of data, credit card, logged in Facebook account or eBay/PayPal, the list goes on...

I though I'd share my thoughts on this just so someone else doesn't have as bad a day as me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk