Save Transfer from ROM to official Virtual Console?

Draconic_Distress

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i'm playing the gbc virtual console Pokemon Red which is apparently a rom hack and not the official version, and i wanna do some trading and save editing with PKSM but can only copy pokemon from the save to the PKSM box. official virtual console games are compatible with PKSM so i wanna know if I can move my save from the gbc rom to a copy of the official gb virtual console

Last edited by Draconic_Distress,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
so i'm playing the gbc virtual console Pokemon Red which is apparently a rom and not the official version
I have no idea what you think this means.

If you want to access the save data, you can export it using Checkpoint, and that should produce a file you can edit with PKSM. I think you will find there are more details in the PKSM documentation.

Draconic_Distress

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea what you think this means.

If you want to access the save data, you can export it using Checkpoint, and that should produce a file you can edit with PKSM. I think you will find there are more details in the PKSM documentation.
Basically I wanna move my save from the gbc rom hack to the regular gb virtual console game, so I can trade and do save editing as needed. I could probably just export the save but i'm not sure if i'll be able to trade. i'll keep this in mind though, thanks!
Use Godmode9 to migrate saves
3ds. hacks. guide/dumping-titles-and-game-cartridges
i checked the guide you sent--very much appreciated by the way--but i've only found backing up saves for gba saves on the guide when i need to transfer a gbc save to a gb virtual console game. thank you for the help though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto