Hacking Sandisk or Toshiba microSD with CycloDS?

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello all,

I have the choice of getting either a Sandisk or Toshiba microSD card (from Ebay @ AU$25 for 8gb).
It may be fake -- but I did check out the feeback and no former customers said the memory cards are fake.

Which runs better with CycloDS? Sandisk or Toshiba? Or same same?

Thanks for your help!

danejade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Toshiba 4gb (me thinks its a re-badged Kingston anyways
ph34r.gif
) micro SD made in japan and its flawless! I go for made in japan over made in china (sandisk) anyday mate, just check out where they are made-- Also I thinks made in taiwan is superior when making a choice too!

grog.gif

leiger

Trophies
XP
Country
Not to contradict danejade and make you even more confused, but I've heard that the Sandisk cards are best
smile.gif

I have a Transcend myself, which came with my order from OzModChips.com (Aussie store) and haven't had any problems with it. Was a bit overpriced though, should've bought it separate..

eldaddio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You definitely can't go wrong with sandisk, it's all I've ever used and I've never had a single problem.

That's not to say the Toshiba's are no good though.

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My transcend that came from ozmodchips (4 gig class 6) with my cyclo is shithouse. Enhanced menu is sloooow. You'd think the DS has stalled.

I have read loads of posts from people claiming its safer to buy popular, named brands and what not and I just want to add that my experience says the opposite.

I went back to an old, cheap Eagletec card I got at a computer swap meet and it worked flawlessly, only problem is it wasn't big enough. Then in a stupor one early morning on a weekend I walked into Dick Smith to buy some cables and on impulse bought one of their no name store branded Micro SDs. Damn do they overcharge like most stores targeting camera/phone users but the little fucker performs beautifully,

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only difference you'll notice in performance between cards is when it's plugged into you pc and your transferring files. I've never had a slowdown even with a class 1 card.

hoist20032002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If the Toshiba SD card is like their PC's than it's a piece of shit...I'd not get another one of them EVER again...Your best bet would be Sandisk...I use that brand and it's the best SD card I've tried out of 5 kinds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong