Hardware Samsung S2 500GB

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
that's really weird... i mean, my case is weird.

i do have a samsung s2 500gb hdd and it works perfectly with my wii. am i the only one here?

i used it wbfs formatted flawlessly, now i'm using it fat32 formatted. no issues at all.

wii: lu64, sysmenu 4.1u, softmodded, cioscorp 3.5, cios 222 & 223 installed

s2 500gb: made in korea, october 2009, rated +5V 0.85A

i live in BRAZIL, both items were bought in brazil, in the black/unnoficial/parallel market.

i bought this drive mainly because its price, and because the white case with blue lights matched exactly the wii colors!

maybe i'm just lucky? i didn't read any compatibility list before buying it...

if i can help in any way, feel free to ask!

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've got cIOS38 newest from Waninkoko and v4 from Hermes(222/233). I've used many WBFS apps and no one works for me. I've also tried with FAT32 loading(HBC/USB Loader) and still don't work.

BanditKing

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Return it and buy another brand

I used a toshiba external and it works great, even turns it self off when the wii is done!

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bulldog36 said:
Lufeig

Did you install cios38 Rev 14? How did you install Hermes cios 222 & 223? Which WBFS program to format it?
yes, cios38 r14 is installed. i don't remember how cios 222 & 223 was installed, i used cios installer or multicios, i'm not sure... here's a guide any if needed: hxxp://gwht.wikidot.com/hermes-ios222-223/

i used wbfs manager 3.0, but now i'm using it formatted in fat32. iso games are converted to wbfs using wbfs_file Simple Gui 1.0.9

Wizardtm

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got the same problem. An Samsung S2 which isn't working at all
hate2.gif

Thought I've read that the S2's would work with the Wii but apparently I'm mistaken
unsure.gif

Nobody knows why the drives aren't working ? due to power or other issues ?

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
this is really strange, because the 3 S2 500GB hdd's i've bought (one for me, one for my brother-in-law, one for his cousin) work flawlessly.

maybe there's something different in the batch that was sent to brazil, i don't know.

hope i could help, but this doesn't seem to be software related...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, lol put that video on my TV then came here on my phone lol +1