• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Russians resorting to North Korea for artillery

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Newly declassified Intel from the US government reveals Russia is now purchasing artillery from North Korea. Other nations such as China are currently respecting US sanctions regarding export of munitions to the the Russian state.

High ranking officials believe this likely represents internal issues with Russia's military industrial complex, and underscores Russian inability to procure even the most basic wartime goods domestically

What do you think guys? I think the Russian war machine is not doing too hot at the moment.

Source:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/09/05/...PkI7u1W5BKQwYXpbkSygrxXjk_R9uF&smid=share-url

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi and City

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on who "we" are. Also, most people are mostly scared of the fact that they can end humanity within a few days.
The fear of nuclear arms is somewhat overblown, they could cause worldwide havoc and extreme loss of life but humans would survive

We don't have nearly enough nuclear arms to blanket the world or cause so called nuclear winter

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I've been seeing videos of Ukrainians obliterating Russian army equipment like toys.
Literally, thanks getting exploded with just one anti-tank bullet, helmets crushed by bare fists, drones getting hacked, Ukrainians driving russian tanks because they're that easy to drive, and things alike.

Basically, Russian equipment looks old and outdated compared to Ukrain's, and my initial guess is that Putin is just trying to scare people with the: "Look! Look! North Korea supports my fight! Look" move.

Have we seen something from NK that's actually relevant, beyond alleged Bombs tests?

Reactions: x65943

x65943

OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been seeing videos of Ukrainians obliterating Russian army equipment like toys.
Literally, thanks getting exploded with just one anti-tank bullet, helmets crushed by bare fists, drones getting hacked, Ukrainians driving russian tanks because they're that easy to drive, and things alike.

Basically, Russian equipment looks old and outdated compared to Ukrain's, and my initial guess is that Putin is just trying to scare people with the: "Look! Look! North Korea supports my fight! Look" move.

Have we seen something from NK that's actually relevant, beyond alleged Bombs tests?
NK hasn't had a military worth anything since the 1950s, this is real desperation from Russia

I saw pictures of Russian shells from 1964 being fired - nearly 60 years

In other words those shells were created closer to the founding of the USSR than to today

Hexenhammer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
NK hasn't had a military worth anything since the 1950s, this is real desperation from Russia

I saw pictures of Russian shells from 1964 being fired - nearly 60 years

In other words those shells were created closer to the founding of the USSR than to today
It doesn't matter, even if its made in Africa, its a shell and even if its a dud and wont explode such chunk of metal hitting something its done.
N.K has million of shells they can supply Russia for eternity.

The coalition has to counter this by giving Ukraine more HIMARS and more munitions for them, its good when you have shells but you also need to store them and deliver them to the front line and as we seen from last month HIMARS is doing great job targeting ammo depots, the only thing Ukrainians need is more munitions and higher range missiles like ATACMS.

Im disgusted by the cowrdness of the west, the fact they don't provide heavy military [Poland is the only hero] and openly say they "afraid" of a "nuclear war", nobody going to use nukes, russia is not suicidal, even the crazy N.Korea never used them nor going to [On this list only Iran can use Nukes, for simple reason they religious and religion turns people into monsters especially if they BELIEVE that there is afterlife, for such people using nukes means nothing, they 100000% sure they going to heaven].
There are some people especially far away in USA [the hardcore religious right, not the republicans at large but the crazy ones that watch whats him name the conspiracy nut on Fox News (I have nothing against fox, just that guy)] that believe they shouldn't intervene, that its not their problem, that we shouldn't waste money on this, these people are imbeciles that too dumb to open a history book, WW2, WW1 and many many other smaller wars all started with conflic somewhere exsle and then came to doorsteps of people that wanted to sit on the sides.
When a dictator wins in a war he started,, he gets an appetite for more!
But whats especially scary is some sleepy Europeans that don't get it, that after Ukraine he will take Moldova [small country that has Russian exclave], then baltic countries, then Finland and then he will keep expanding. Its going to affect them even if war wont come to their country specifically, it WILL affect them, it already does, look at the rising prices and refuges.

There is no reason to be afraid, USA and EU must join the fight and finish this war ASAP, if they dont want to actuyally fight they can at least enter Ukraine and protect the Belorussian border and shoot down missiles and help with the support and so on, free up ukranians to fight, give Ukraine tanks, planes, everything, it doesnt have to be latest models the NATO countries have tons of hardware from the 70s., 80s, 90s in storage, its good enough for Ukraine.

Its anoying that USA went to save Afghans, Iraqis but cant save Europeans, becuase "omg russia has nukes"

TraderPatTX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if everything was going swimmingly for Russia, this would be a headline they'd want to avoid at all costs. The optics on this are embarrassing for your supposedly advanced society. Unless... has Russia been eating up North Korea's propaganda?

• Haha
Reactions: Xzi and x65943

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo