Homebrew Running PC Application

Krobelus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone!

I've been around the forums for quite some time but I've finally registered because I have a question which I couldn't find the answer to.

Could a softmodded Wii run PC applications? The application in question is RPG Maker. To run homemade games on the Wii using RPG Maker would be pretty nice I think. And I have a WIP game being made and I'm wondering if it would be possible to have the folder in the SD card and opening the program to play the game on the Wii like as if it were on the computer or something.

Thanks!
-Krobelus

Krobelus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Darn.

There's no way of turning the executable file into a boot.dol that loads all of the data from the folder on the root of the SD card like other ones?

-Krobelus

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm pretty sure that I know the answer to this already, but would this not work...

since it is possible to run a Linux kernel from a Wii, would it not be possible to Run a virtual Machine driven off of an SD or USB drive through Linux and run the PC Applications from there? An extremely convoluted and probably wholly unnecessary but ... possible?

Raki

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jebrown19 said:
I'm pretty sure that I know the answer to this already, but would this not work...

since it is possible to run a Linux kernel from a Wii, would it not be possible to Run a virtual Machine driven off of an SD or USB drive through Linux and run the PC Applications from there? An extremely convoluted and probably wholly unnecessary but ... possible?

In theory you should be able to use a RISC (the wii Proc is a RISC one like the other PowerPCs?) compiled VM program and emulate a x86 machine and run a OS on it...
but the wii processor is 867 mhz if I remember correctly...even the G5s Apple used had speed problems emulating x86 for Windows XP in VirtualPC...and those were 1,6 Ghz+

maduin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about emulating DOS through a VM on top of Linux? or Windows 9x which is a lot less resource intensive then the NT builds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter