Running Hyrule Warriors v1.0

TARIPAR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a bit of a pipe dream I'm sure is possible but I believe I'm just missing a few key steps. I've done a thorough perusal of setting up Homebrew on my Wii U, as well as the different file types Wii U games come in (e.g. .wux, .wud, .app, etc.). I suppose I should explain my lead up to clarify what the solution is.

I'm a big fan of the original HW, and the Definitive edition on Switch is great. But recently, I said, "I'd like to start over from 'vanilla' Hyrule Warriors and play the game from the absolute beginning like launch." And then I wanted to progressively work my way up through the updates one by one after finishing content (kinda like a full, chronological completionist thing).

Then I learned that even if you delete save data and update data, the Wii U sets a flag for the newest version of the game and won't let you play older versions. I believe understanding how to resolve this part will be the solution to my problem, but I'm confused on the process and which files need adjusted. For further clarification, I've already dumped my personal copy of HW (NA release) and tried to install it via WUPInstaller (so I have .app files). But even through that method, that update flag remains set so the game tries to auto-update when I launch it. I'm also not sure if it's possible to have multiple versions of HW installed based on which version it is. I assume some degree of "patching" from these updates is done on the fly at runtime, since it's not like the data on the disc changes with updates. So surely there's a way to "artificially" update the game at will.

I likely missed the relevant thread in my searches. So if someone could provide a link to the content I need, I'd very much appreciate it. You have my thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto