Hacking Running Fusée Gelée through a Teensy 3.6

thmo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Nope. This one has usually only a cheap usb to serial controller without usb host support.
Aren't there some mini usb host boards (those tiny ones) that you could use to get usb host support?

Edit: Quick google resulted in finding this I'm not sure whether this would work tho.. midly interested trying this with a micro pro

Last edited by thmo_,

cmsj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So I've just been looking into this and power is certainly a concern. I tried a tiny USB Type C -> A dongle I have, and power doesn't make it through from the Switch.

My guess is that because the Switch has Type C, and USB Power Delivery, the Xecuter dongle is somehow able to tell the Switch that it needs power. Apart from that niggle, the Beagle Pocket looks like a nice little board, as does the Tumo (even more so), but I think we're going to need a proper hardware hacker to do the work on this :)

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
USB 3 and XHCI is your only road block i would guess on the older model.

I think XHCI and USB 3 support required initially, so the cheaper models , do they grant us those features ? ( Genuinely do not know)

I'm not sure those are actually required for the exploit, they were required because they were the only type of ports that didn't have bugs in the linux drivers. But there are patches for the Linux drivers.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I'm not sure those are actually required for the exploit, they were required because they were the only type of ports that didn't have bugs in the linux drivers. But there are patches for the Linux drivers.
Lost it but spotted ktemkin had posted something on github . Regarding usb dongle delivery system . At work so no time to search right now.

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
There's so many thing's that you can run fusee gelee with.
Granted that is true , i would just like a free TX styled solution . Small light weight agile and easy to use for kids , i got three switches and I cannot afford 3 copies of a game for us to have the lols with .

DaveLister

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan

Could have sworn I read somewhere that the rate it communicates at needed to be fast for rcm mode.

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've testet with my Note4 which only got USB2.0 yesterday and it works fine so nope you don't need USB3.0.

natinusala

Win32 error 31 is not an error
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You need a XHCI controller. USB 3.0 ports have a higher chance of having a XHCI controller. On a board like a Teensy, we will be able to patch the controller so we don't actually care about XHCI.

thmo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So I've just been looking into this and power is certainly a concern. I tried a tiny USB Type C -> A dongle I have, and power doesn't make it through from the Switch.

My guess is that because the Switch has Type C, and USB Power Delivery, the Xecuter dongle is somehow able to tell the Switch that it needs power. Apart from that niggle, the Beagle Pocket looks like a nice little board, as does the Tumo (even more so), but I think we're going to need a proper hardware hacker to do the work on this :)
It could also be that the TX dongle has a tiny battery inside. Minmal hardware won't require that much power anymore nowadays. I'm looking for something myself now, digging a bit deeper.

cmsj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It could also be that the TX dongle has a tiny battery inside. Minmal hardware won't require that much power anymore nowadays. I'm looking for something myself now, digging a bit deeper.

Yep, could be a battery. It could also be so low power that it's able to harvest what it needs from data pins in the USB C port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Senile discussion felt like we were having this type of conversation already