[RUMOR] Star Wars: Battlefront III in development

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
as much as i would love to see battlefront 3 happen, why do i get the nagging feeling it will be the force unleashed 3 when i read about the swordsplay...

I don't remember Force Unleashed 2 doing too well. Pretty mediocre reviews and I don't know about sales.

Battlefront III is the game literally every fan has been requesting, exception being maybe a proper KOTOR sequel (since KOTOR II was by a different team and was unfinished and TOR is a MMO). I don't really see why anyone liked TFU. It was basically just a mediocre God of War rip off. The plot was incredibly shoehorned in just so you could be like "OMG DARTH VADAR". I mean don't you think the Rebel Alliance would at least once bring up that essentially their founding father was a rogue Sith with super Force powers? And seriously, once you take down A FUCKING STAR DESTROYER, I seriously doubt there are limitations to your powers. Like if the Emperor or Vadar were stronger than you somehow (since they both live through your attack anyway), you'd think crushing the Rebel Alliance would be a lot easier than you think. Who needs a fucking Death Star when you can just crash the goddamn moon into a planet like Majora's Mask?

Don't even get me started on the second one. Why would Vadar clone someone who almost killed him and ruined his empire? I mean it's not like a few guards died or something, he started eventually the downfall of the empire, almost killed you, and nearly brought down your master as well. I know you want a powerful weapon but that's what a Death Star is for. Hell Vadar, you're pretty goddamn powerful, do your own dirty work.

The gameplay is basically just some pretty generic God of War hack and slash except you can ragdoll some Stormtroopers. Which isn't fun at all considering there's no real empowerment from it. Maybe if the Kinect was around at the time and you could do some swish of your hand to knock a horde of Stormtroopers into a wall then it'd feel real satisfying in that God of War type of way, otherwise it's just garbage. And no, the Wii controls weren't satisfactory.

But that's my Force Unleashed rant. I don't think anyone wants it more than Battlefront III. I mean the game would sell well, I can guarantee that. Hell, look at it this way. Games with single player only (like TFU) are higher targets for piracy or the used market. You can either pirate a single player game with no issues (unlike multiplayer games which usually have issues with their online), you can buy it new, beat it in a weekend, and sell it to pollute the used market, or buy it used for little cost since it's just cheap single player. Battlefront III will stay with many people due to its long lasting appeal and you can always throw cheap DLC at us. Why bother with developing stories and side arcs for single player when you can build a few maps and sell us map packs? And it'd be hella popular, Battlefront II was the second most played original Xbox game before it was eventually discontinued, second only to Halo 2 (which is fucking Halo).

I mean you've already scarred us with re-releasing Episode I, murdering Star Wars Kinect, and essentially pumping out mediocre to bad Star Wars games this entire generation (exception being TOR, which I heard is alright), don't burn us again.
@[member='Guild McCommunist']
You make a brilliant point.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
if it's anything like this [yt]j81I_-uaOqg[/yt] then we may have something. empire at war was the last good star wars game produced by lucas arts and that was back in 06.

also I think the republic commando is equally as demanded [though mainly by star wars fans]

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
also I think the republic commando is equally as demanded [though mainly by star wars fans]

I'd also like a proper The Clone Wars sequel. It was the first Gamecube game I ever bought and I played it until the disc became unplayable. I still long for another copy. Canonically it fell in the whole "Well there was a couple year gap between II and III so let's just fit every-fucking-thing into here" but the gameplay was solid and I loved the multiplayer modes.

I'm sure some people enjoyed Jedi Knights or whatever it was called as well.

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

I'd also like a proper The Clone Wars sequel. It was the first Gamecube game I ever bought and I played it until the disc became unplayable. I still long for another copy. Canonically it fell in the whole "Well there was a couple year gap between II and III so let's just fit every-fucking-thing into here" but the gameplay was solid and I loved the multiplayer modes.

I'm sure some people enjoyed Jedi Knights or whatever it was called as well.
ah yes the jedi knight series following the adventure of kyle katan, it is WAY better than force unleashed in regards to light saber content [it actually kills in one hit and you fight sith regularly] I played got it in a pack of star wars games, I recommend the 3rd one creating your own character and going on missions is fun. It's also the only game that I know of that takes place AFTER the movies creating a more interesting story seeing Luke and other characters after revenge of the sith.
I do remember playing the hell out of clone wars [rented it for weeks on end for my PS2], though my favorite star wars game growing up would be Star wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, a fun rts it was mainly a port of age of empires 2 but it was still made by the now defunct ensemble studios, I spent hours creating custom maps, creating cities to destroy, space battles, and placing hundreds of jedi and sith causing a huge lightsaber war [ended up crashing the game as I put too many units on the map at once :P] now the few lucasarts games coming out suck, and anything good is either being canceled or ignored

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==