[Rumor] Next Xbox To Use Wiiu Like Touchscreen Controller

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say $100,but we usually overprice things just by thinking about it until someone who knew tech well breaks it down.
I'm guessing $80.

Are most of those in a regular controller anyway?

Yeah, except for the microphone, stereo speakers, headphone jack, video streaming hardware, NFC, and the touch screen itself; that's a lot of extra stuff crammed in.

Honestly, I don't think an $80 price for this is really a possibility. I'd guess that the controller will be (at least) somewhere near the $100 to $120 range.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say $100,but we usually overprice things just by thinking about it until someone who knew tech well breaks it down.
I'm guessing $80.

Yeah, except for the microphone, stereo speakers, headphone jack, video streaming hardware, NFC, and the touch screen itself; that's a lot of extra stuff crammed in.

Honestly, I don't think an $80 price for this is really a possibility. I'd guess that the controller will be (at least) somewhere near the $100 to $120 range.

the controller is worthless without the console so i would price it under 100$

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing $80.

I was just thinking wouldn't the main video streaming hardware and NFC be in the console?

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
6.3" touch screen
Stylus/stylus holder
Video streaming hardware
Battery
Rumble
Stereo Speakers
Camera
Microphone
Headphone jack
Bluetooth
IR
NFC
Accelerometer
Gyroscope
Rumoured:
Magnetometer
CPU
Flash memory

That, plus all the buttons and such. Normal controllers these days are $60. Imagine what this thing will be
I'm guessing $80.

Flash Memory is in Wii Remotes as well as cheap Android tablets so it's all a size vs expense factor The only things on that list that are not standard on a cheap Android tablet are

- Bluetooth (which is remedied by a USB BT adapter which cost lest than 2 dollars USD)

- IR (There's really no need for it) Seriously? how often would you use your tablet to control your TV and I'm sure there's a USB solution for this too.)

- NFC - relatively new tech most of the Chinese factories making under $199 tablets haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet.

Get over it. The WiiU tablet will not cost a arm and a leg. Like always I'll be the one saying I told you so. Even if Nintendo did use the "namesake advantage" at most it will cost 80 bucks which will eventually lead to some Chinese factory creating a "dual-mode" Android/Wii tablet and we all know it's coming.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
>I said "Get over it" so that makes me correct

No, seriously. I barely want to muster the energy to address this.

Let's start with the obvious. You are comparing a low quality chinese knockoff tablet (it has bricking issues) to a mass market American device. This is like comparing the costs of a Dualshock knockoff from Dealextreme to a Wii remote from Bestbuy to argue that Wii remotes are more expensive. If you want to compare it to anything, compare it to an actual tablet on the western mass market. Better yet, compare it to an actual controller sold in stores. The market for knockoffs, and the market for high quality products from an established company is very different.

Second off, the ePad is missing more than those 3 features from it's spec list. Rumble, gyro, magnetometer, and video streaming hardware to be exact.

Third, nobody but you expects android running chinese Wii U knockoff tablets. Nintendo would never let anyone get away with that. They would have to reverse engineer exactly how the Wii U video streaming works, and then dodge lawsuits.

"Get over it". You chucklefuck.

Edit: Not to mention the controllers being expensive bit sort of comes from Nintendo themselves. We didn't make it up.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw