Gaming Rumor: Metal Gear Solid Trilogy HD coming?

Ssx9

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Kotaku said:
Because one may be in the works for the PlayStation 3, according to a new report, which indicates that Metal Gear Solid and its two PlayStation 2 sequels may get a high-def facelift.

CVG cites the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine, which says that it's heard "insider whispers" that the first three Metal Gear Solid games are in the "facelift queue." That's straight up rumor, with no confirmation from Sony or Konami. But there's clearly a precedent for these products, with rumors of HD collections of God of War, Prince of Persia and Tomb Raider games bandied about before they were officially announced.

CVGAn HD reworking of the original Metal Gear Solid trilogy is on the way to PS3, according to 'insider whispers' heard by the ears of the UK's Official PlayStation Magazine.

In the mag's new issue, in stores now, it reports that Snake is "in the facelift queue", and that the "first three" MGS games are set to be reborn in High Definition.

No details of release window, price or whether the trilogy will be a boxed or digital product are given.

However, any reworking of Kojima-san's much-loved original trio will be music to the ears of PlayStation nuts, with the games still very much considered classics of the genre.

We've contacted Sony and Konami for comment.

As a huge MGS fan, all I can say is "Hell Yeah!" This can be kinda pointless, sadly, since MGS3 Is being ported with new features for the 3DS, MGS2 is good, but not really the best MGS in my opinion, and I can't really imagine a HD quality in a PS1 game.

Not saying this game is useless or not worth buying, I'm pretty sure it's going to be worth the money (Plus trophies), but I bet if they had released it in 2010 it would be more worth it.

Nevertheless, it's going to be great to have all the 3 games in 1 PS3 disk. I wanted to buy that pack that came with the 2 PS2 games and the PS1 MGS, but I only have a slim.

Source: CVG and Kotaku.

thebsharp

Why'd you have to go and Gunt my fries?
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe for MGS1 it'll be an HD port of Twin Snakes from the GC. It could be neat.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
thebsharp said:
Maybe for MGS1 it'll be an HD port of Twin Snakes from the GC. It could be neat.
I highly doubt it. Not only would they need permission from developer Silicon Knights, Nintendo would have to agree on it as well.

I own all of these games, but for a low price it might be nice to have them all on the same platform. They would really need to change something though. MGS isn't a game that you can just run in HD to make it look pretty; it's over 10 years old.

Also, I want MGS4 trophies
angry.gif

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Well, if they SERIOUSLY reworked MGS1, or got the rights from nintendo and knights, then who knows this package could be lots o' fun.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
great

and i hope the price tag will be reasonable - consider waht your getting for lets say 60$ if its the whole 3 games ! (improved)

wow !

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
thebsharp said:
I highly doubt it. Not only would they need permission from developer Silicon Knights, Nintendo would have to agree on it as well.

I own all of these games, but for a low price it might be nice to have them all on the same platform. They would really need to change something though. MGS isn't a game that you can just run in HD to make it look pretty; it's over 10 years old.

Also, I want MGS4 trophies
angry.gif

I thought Konami still owned rights to the game, they only released it on Nintendo AFAIK and they got no ownership over it and if there was an exclusive rights contract, it's most likely expired by now anyway

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
I thought Konami still owned rights to the game, they only released it on Nintendo.

My understanding Konami was too busy with other projects to port the game over. They instead gave promisson to ther other company with nintendo.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chartube12 said:
QUOTE said:
I thought Konami still owned rights to the game, they only released it on Nintendo.

My understanding Konami was too busy with other projects to port the game over. They instead gave promisson to ther other company with nintendo.

thatdoesn't mean they own it, that means konami just paid someone else to do their work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Drug Mule Bot roll out!