RUMOR- 3DS Remake of a "7th Game" From Famous RPG Series

A

Azngamer15

Watch it be The 7th Saga. Trollface.jpeg. Although, considering I really liked that game, I'm ok with that.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There is a rumor about Dragon Quest 7 floating around anyway. It's either gonna be that or the rumor is just a rumor. Not surprising considering Nintendo is getting most of the DQ recently.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
You don't publish a game to have it go to someone else when a remake happens, that's not how this works, especially since the company publishing it pour money in the project.

Then by that logic, Final Fantasy I on the PS1 (as part of Final Fantasy Origins) would have never reached North American shores, since the NES version for that region was published by Nintendo.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You don't publish a game to have it go to someone else when a remake happens, that's not how this works, especially since the company publishing it pour money in the project.

Then by that logic, Final Fantasy I on the PS1 (as part of Final Fantasy Origins) would have never reached North American shores, since the NES version for that region was published by Nintendo.

It's good to have delusions here, but the game is not FF7 and FF7 is not gonna be on anything other than a Sony system ever. Hell, you'd need a remake to be announced first or have the possibility of one coming first for any of that to come in questions, but that's not gonna happen anyway.

There is also the exemple of Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 2 made its way to the ps3 and the 3rd game will as well, the first one was published by Microsoft and will never make it anywhere else.

If the thing was as simple as you guys says, they would have made a remake on multiple systems already because they can milk it.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

It's good to have delusions here, but the game is not FF7 and FF7 is not gonna be on anything other than a Sony system ever. Hell, you'd need a remake to be announced first or have the possibility of one coming first for any of that to come in questions, but that's not gonna happen anyway.

There is also the exemple of Mass Effect 1. Mass Effect 2 made its way to the ps3 and the 3rd game will as well, the first one was published by Microsoft and will never make it anywhere else.

If the thing was as simple as you guys says, they would have made a remake on multiple systems already because they can milk it.

There is one thing you did miss. If Sony has exclusive rights to the game, then they also have exclusive rights to everything unique about that game, including characters, story, etc., right?

Then how do you explain this?

[yt]fKi9Z7Axyog[/yt]

Also, Sony only published the North American and Europe PS1 versions. The Japan and International PS1 versions were done by Square alone. To say Sony had "exclusive rights" would require at the very least that they'd have to be the "exclusive publisher" too, which they aren't.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being the game's publisher entitle you to exclusivity, even if the game is old.

By that logic wasn't it impossible that Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie came to the Xbox Live Arcade?

Rare belonged to Nintendo and they sold it to Microsoft, along with everything they had.

Square-Enix doesn't belong to anyone and sometime, other companies do publish their games and yes, they have some rights to it. In this game, probably enough rights to keep FF7 from going elsewhere.

hate to keep dragging an issue through the dirt but how does that explain Nintendo being able to hold back Goldeneye from live arcade?

That's because this wasn't only Nintendo. The company that own the rights to james bond movie was holding it back on both Wii VC and Live Arcade.

Actually Activision was quite happy for the deal to happen because they would have made money for doing nothing. but these publisher deals only tend to last so long, not usually 14 years. for the record though i do personally think its dragon quest coming as far as this rumour goes

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Watch it be The 7th Saga. Trollface.jpeg. Although, considering I really liked that game, I'm ok with that.

Actually, the reason 7th saga gets such a bad rap is because they totally messed up (i.e. nerfed) the stat growth compared to the Japanese version (Elnard). Just compare the stats of a companion that joined at say, level 15 with your stats as that same character at level 15. There is a patch (called Easier 7th Saga) that restores the stat growth on levelup to what it was in the Japanese version. That's right, they actually made the US version harder to the point of possibly being unwinnable if you level up too much before a certain point (as companions/rivals not in your party get much better level up stats than you do).

ForteGospel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the moment that FFVII falls into the 3ds hands, is the moment that the 3ds won against the vita, even more if the game is a remake

Wait, it'll win if it isn't a remake?

You do realize that the PSN Store has had FFVII on there for the longest time?
sue me, last sony console i had was ps1, only recently i got my hands on a ps2 and a psp.

also the game in 3d wont be available in the psn store, so my point still stands, a little...

and for all the crying fans saying "sony published the game, they have the rights for the console version"... have you forgot about house of the dead: overkill?

MattiasAndersson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP

Heh, people have corrected you several times. Your assumptions are nothing more than assumptions, and your own "logical" conclusions. There is nothing that would actually indicate that the conclusions you are making are correct.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't think it's FF7 - Square pretty much finished with that story arc. There was a prequel (Crisis Core), there was a "spiritual sequel" (Dirge of Cerberus), there was the Anime and the CGI movie and correct me if I'm wrong, FF7 is still available on PSN as a stand-alone title. 7 is done, that's it, there's not much else to it. If they do remake it, they might mess it up. Don't get me wrong, but the latest FF games recieve less then favorable reviews from both critics and gamers. There's a general rule - don't fix something that ain't broken. I'd understand a port, but not a remake.

I do believe Dragon Quest is the more likely title. Why? Because the DS had an established circle of Dragon Quest fans due to numerous DQ releases - it's only natural to assume that *another* DQ title *will* sell on the DS's successor.

Hopefully it's not FF7. I'd rather play a remake of that on a powerful home console. the Vita.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't think it's FF7 - Square pretty much finished with that story arc. There was a prequel (Crisis Core), there was a "spiritual sequel" (Dirge of Cerberus), there was the Anime and the CGI movie and correct me if I'm wrong, FF7 is still available on PSN as a stand-alone title. 7 is done, that's it, there's not much else to it. If they do remake it, they might mess it up. Don't get me wrong, but the latest FF games recieve less then favorable reviews from both critics and gamers. There's a general rule - don't fix something that ain't broken. I'd understand a port, but not a remake.

I do believe Dragon Quest is the more likely title. Why? Because the DS had an established circle of Dragon Quest fans due to numerous DQ releases - it's only natural to assume that *another* DQ title *will* sell on the DS's successor.

Hopefully it's not FF7. I'd rather play a remake of that on a powerful home console. the Vita.

Unless they fix the balance issues with it. Most of DQ7 was just grinding, even more so than even DQ 1 as monsters hardly gave any XP or money. Though they did adjust that for the DQ 1 and 2 remakes so it is possible.

Zombie_X

Trophies
Website
www.zombie-x.com
XP
Country
United States
Hrm a remake of a 7th game... I don't really like RPG's but I would say DragonQuest VII. I grew up with all the DQ games on the NES and I want it to be that just for nostalgia.

[flame suit]
Also, IMO Final Fantasy VII is one of the most overrated games in history. It's not that's it's bad but to me it feels rather bland. Don't get me wrong I do liek the game but I feel it gets far more attention and hype than it deserves.
[/flame suit]

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's not the "blandness" that everybody is concerned with, the game revolutionized the market. It was the first J-RPG that "didn't fail miserably" in the west, thus changing the perception of "RPG" from "It's like Ultima, aye?" to something entirely different, forever. Let's face it, previous RPG's had less then favourable sales and FF7 was pretty much the first game that went "boom" the day it was launched - people were eating it up. Doom feels bland when you play it nowadays, Wolfenstein feels bland nowadays, yet without those you wouldn't have Halo.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Final Fantasy VII was sucessful cuz the main char wasn't a mute gallant hero but had a bit of jerk and badass blended together, he also wore leather and had a cool bike. =O
Well, that's the reason why I like Final Fantasy VII... But there's nothing quite like Final Fantasy IV and IX, dun care about the rest of them FF's, well, XII was also nice... Also, I believe in Japan Dragon Quest has more fans whereas the Final Fantasy series are more.. 'famous' so to say in the US and Europe, everyone (almost everyone) knows FF, but not many know DQ (even tho the mangaka of Dragonball has such strong ties with it)

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Square remade FF 1-6 on the GBA/DS. Ofcourse they are remaking 7-9 on the 3DS, maybe even 10. It's just cummon sense.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Please click all suspicious links sent your email